4 months ago
Supply Chain & Quality Operations Manager (m/f)
Satair Group (100% subsidiary of Airbus) is offering first class material management solutions in the aftermarket business of the aviation industry. With our global functional organization spanning across ten different sites and locations worldwide, you are part of a truly global family. Change is the only constant at Satair Group. The aviation industry is an ever changing - and fast moving environment. That calls for someone special - someone like you!
Welcome to the Satair Group family!
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for two Supply Chain & Quality Operations Manager (m/f) has arisen within Satair Group (a 100% subsidiary of Airbus) in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date. You will join the Supplier Performance and Development team .
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be part of the multi-national Supplier Performance and Development team of Satair.
We ensure on time, on quality and on cost delivery of all spare parts and tools from our After Sales suppliers all over the world.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Being responsible for managing supplier approval/authorization ensuring that suppliers are compliant with Airbus requirements in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
* Ensuring the process & product / supplier couple compliance and to manage the supplier surveillance securing a close understanding of their overall situation and scope
* Ensuring supplier's continuous capacity and capability to comply with dedicated supply chain quality requirements
* Assessing supplier regarding supply chain & quality aspects during tendering phase and contribute to the selection decision
* Managing or support Transfer of Work and secure industrialization at suppliers
* Being responsible for supplier On Time and On Quality (On Cost when applicable) performance
* If necessary you have to initiate, implement & manage recovery, improvement and development plans at the supplier
* Leading regular performance review meetings with suppliers
* Managing or contribute to improvement projects within After Sales business related to suppliers
* Managing new product introduction to ensure product and industrial qualification maturity before part delivery
* Supporting or performing supplier audits (product, process, special process qualification,…)
* Identifying the supplier industrial risks and managing mitigation actions
* Presenting the situation of the supplier on operational performance (KPIs, assessments..) to internal stakeholders and functions
* Acting as focal point towards the suppliers for operational supply chain quality activities and as ambassador of the supplier toward internal functions
You will have the following skills and experience:
* University degree in Engineering/Industrial Engineering or a degree as a technician with relevant professional experience or equivalent
* Several years of experience in supplier approval/authorization/surveillance management is required
* Extensive knowledge of manufacturing/inspection processes and products as well as supplier couple compliance activities is a prerequisite
* Several years of experience in supplier delivery and quality performance management (incl. recovery and development) is a requirement
* Basic knowledge of QMS (Quality Management System EN9100)-requirements is required
* Experience in Transfer Of Work-management is a requirement
* Experience in performing supplier audits (product, process, special process qualification etc.) and in performing supplier assessments would be a plus
* Experience in working in a transnational environment
* Excellent communications skills on different hierarchical levels
* Negotiation level of English is required, German language skills would be a plus
* Willingness to take business trips, approx. some days per months mainly within Europe, seldom worldwide