Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global technology company. It’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Aviation Services who are part of the Cobham group are a FTSE 250 listed Company. Cobham Aviation Services provides operational readiness training, mission rehearsal, electronic warfare training for military and international armed forces.
Supplier, FTC 9 months – Shawbury
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supplier on a 9 month fixed term contract, which is maternity cover based at our Shawbury site. The post supports RAF aircraft maintenance activities. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Supply Supervisor and Senior/Leading Suppliers for the efficient timely completion of supply activities within their area of responsibility iaw extant RAF Directives, Publications and Instructions. They will need to:
- Assist in the successful delivery of task outputs to meet the Section’s contractual obligations.
- Utilise resources in an effective and efficient manner and inform Line Management of any deficiencies.
- Offer Line Management suggestions for Continuous Improvement to further increase the effectiveness of the Section.
- Follow all orders and procedures to provide an efficient, effective and safe working environment. Inform Line Management when inaccuracies are identified in orders and procedures to enable the amendment process to be implemented.
- Maintain a close working relationship with relevant Cobham staff and the customer to ensure the effective delivery of the Contract.
- Have excellent customer facing skills, for example being polite and courteous.
Successful candidates will have:-
- Experience of working within a stores accounting or warehouse environment.
- Experience in the operation of a computerised stock control management system.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office based packages.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- An awareness of both Health and Safety and Quality Management procedures and the ability to organise and implement safe working practices.
- The ability to undertake training as required.
- A current driving licence and be prepared to drive company/customer vehicles in the execution of their duties.
- A confident manner when dealing with customers and the ability to problem-solve with an end result outcome.
- If possible, previous RAF Supply experience.
- Ministry of Defence Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI) Material Accountant Competency (MJDI MAC) standard.
- If possible, hold a current recognised Fork lift Truck (Counter Balance) operator licence and be prepared to use mechanical handling equipment in the execution of their duties
A full job specification is available upon request. To apply, please send your current CV along with a cover letter.