4 months ago
Subcontract Programme Manager
Specific Job Description
The Subcontract Programme Manager develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontracts in support of development, production and global sustainment for multiple contract types. Candidates needs to have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field; for example Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyses and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. May sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority.
The successful candidate will work as part of the SPM team, initially closely with other SPMs to deliver multi-£M programmes of varying complexity and in various stages of their life cycles.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Subcontract Program Management or Program/Project Management Experience – contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Self starter - works under very general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
* Problem solving - provides technical solutions of a moderate scope and complexity. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives
* Liaison capability - Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters. May represent, with guidance, the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
* Strategically aware – Contributes to the strategic direction and completion of specific programs and projects, through sourcing strategy and supplier positioning
* Risk and Opportunity management experience
* Ability to manage and control scope using change control processes
* Subcontract management and experience with supplier performance analysis
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task (position will include program execution and proposal support efforts) across multiple programs/platforms
* Experience of creating schedules and managing internal and external parties to the schedule
* Good oral & written communication skills
* Commercial awareness
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Recognised Project Management qualifications
* Previous experience working with LM Procurement System (P2P)
* Excellent communication skill with the ability to plan, prepare and make presentations.
* Basic knowledge of Earned Value (EV) techniques
* Engineering lifecycle knowledge
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.