Technician- Sub Assembly.
To assemble composite panels and components to drawing specification, and to meet procedural guidelines and health and safety.
Key Authorities and Responsibilities:
* To insert panels with the correct type of mechanical fasteners
* Bonding of inserts, blocks, pre-preg angles using various adhesives
* Drilling and tapping of holes
* Bonding composite panels and sub assemblies using adhesives to drawing specifications
* Sealing bonded/painted components using adhesives and silicone sealants
* Produce work to required quality standards
* Produce work to drawing specification and procedural guidelines
* Self inspection
* Maintenance and improvement of local lean and 5s initiatives
* Willingness to participate in improvement activity across the business
* Must embrace change and be willing to adopt new skills to support all areas of the business
* To be flexible in a team oriented environment
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Ability to read and understand basic engineering drawings and procedures
* Experience of using various hand / air tools
* Ability and experience of working with adhesives including epoxy resins and silicones
* Must possess a positive can do attitude.
* Must have the ability to work without supervision in a multi functional team.
* Must be prepared to undertake all reasonable requests as determined by the business needs.
* Must implement and maintain a safe environment for employees and immediately raise Health & Safety concerns to management in compliance with the company Health & Safety procedure.
* Must be prepared to participate in business improvement initiatives when scheduled.
* Expected to ensure the working department is clean and presentable at all times.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.