11 days ago
As strategic buyer, you will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of purchasing projects.
In the scope of procurement files, you will analyse current business processes with an overall objective of reducing costs, increase operational efficiency as well as enhancing the customer satisfaction.
Key to your success will be your ability to influence, problem solve and drive change across different departments of the company. You will engage and support internal stakeholders and a diverse group of external suppliers and partners.
* Participate actively or take the lead in assigned purchasing projects together and in close collaboration with the requesting department and other involved departments (business control, legal, technics, …)
* Identify, understand and challenge the business needs and requirements;
* Prepare or assist to the preparation of the business case;
* Translate the business needs and requirements into objective and relevant specifications and selection criteria;
* Search the market and select qualified suppliers based on relevant selection criteria;
* Draft the RFI, RFQ or RFP;
* Analyse and align the offers and identify the negotiation levers;
* Prepare the negotiation strategy and conduct the negotiations;
* Together with the team, make a decision on the selected offer and supplier and present to the management;
* Prepare the contract and related service level agreements; and
* Manage pro-actively the contract implementation and follow-up over the entire contract life cycle.
* In the scope of procurement files, review and challenge traditional ways of working in order to streamline the processes and the tools to continuously improve customer service, operational efficiency and profitability.
* Stay well-informed about the evolutions within the specific field, keep your knowledge up-to-date within the context of new developments in order to strengthen your credibility by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
* You have a Master degree in engineering or economics with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an analytical role (finance, project management, sourcing & procurement)
* You are results-driven, entrepreneurial and well-organized
* You are a quick learner and can demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* You are curious, eager to learn and able to work on various topics simultaneously
* You are process driven with an eye for simplification of processes and efficiency gains
* You are able to engage and influence at all levels in the organization
* Your enthusiasm and sense of humor allow you to work with individuals and groups from a wide variety of backgrounds and organization levels
* You have excellent written and oral communications in English, French & Dutch