Oaklands Global is working with a leading UK based Business Aviation Company and assisting within the recruitment of a Stores Assistant working within a busy engineering environment / aircraft engine workshop.
In this position you will be responsible for the day to day flow of parts to the engineering facility with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor the Stores Assistant shall be responsible for controlling the supply of parts to the part 145 organisation and the associated engineering teams. The Stores Assistant will conduct themselves in professional manner responding to the business requirements in an efficient method.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Hands on approach to counter service and part issue.
- Receiving of freight as and when required.
- Issuing of stock and parts physically to meet the needs of the engineering work force and the subsequent recording of all part transactions at the time they occur using the companies Envision system to ensure quality processes are meet.
- Completion of the receipts / goods in, in accordance with aircraft regulations in a timely manner and ensuring the storage and distribution of all parts meet the expectations of the 145 establishment, quality and the needs of the engineering workforce.
- Chasing of core returns from the maintenance hangar and processing them back to the appropriate vendors.
- Aiding the Supply Chain department where it is most needed.
- Conducting Daily, Weekly and Monthly checks as requested / required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
- Aviation Stores experience an advantage
- An understanding of good warehousing practice as well as experience
- Computer literate and have the ability to grasp new process and procedures
- Ability to follow instructions efficiently and accurately
- Driving licence a necessity and a willingness to use or already have forklift licence
- Ability to use excel in a basic way, entering information and sending out information
- Flexibility in supporting the business
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to James Townsend in confidence.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contact within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates eligible to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.