6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
You’ll design large-scale enterprise networking solutions and provide network build support for secure UK export controlled networks. You’ll partner with GE businesses across the globe to that meet the critical needs of a workforce of 300,000 employees in 180 countries. Engage network deployment vendors and operations organiEngage network deployment vendors and operations organisations to successfully implement solutions. Sec Clearance SC level is required.
• Collaborate with Network Principal Technologists (PT) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to bring cutting edge networking technology to the environment by assisting in driving New Technology Introduction (NTI) efforts.
• Design and build solutions based on company network standards, cutting-enterprise challenges including distributing workloads across multiple public and private cloud environments, and an increasingly externally connected workforce
• Engage network deployment vendors and operations organizations to successfully implement solutions and transition to operations
• Mentor other team members to develop their technical expertise
• Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc
• Review new design and architecture standards and provide input to enhance quality and ensure standards can be operationalized.
• Provide core competencies in complex enterprise wide area networking, multi-protocol network transport techniques, LAN switches and Layer 4-7 content switching.
• Provide subject matter expertise in all Network services to support the GE business teams.
• Partner with the businesses and teams to provide cost effective network solutions meeting business requirements and company strategic direction for networks.
• Provide L4 on-call or out of hours support if required.
• Provide direct technical and engineering project support to the GE businesses for their specific local and global requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or relevant experience or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven years of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure at a Fortune 500 company
• Proven years of experience in a primary design or architecture role in network and security infrastructure
• Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be willing to work out of GE Aviation location in Cheltenham
• Hold Full UK NSV clearance at SC level
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Cisco Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCDE. desisired, but not a prerequsite. Similar certifications in areas related to network virtualization or internetworking solutions also a plus
• Leverages communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
• Tenacious problem solver demonstrating an innate curiosity and passion for solving difficult problems
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
Locations: United Kingdom; Cheltenham, Rugby
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.