3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
In this role, you will be responsible for leading all fulfillment and production planning & control responsibilities to support the site. As part of the senior operational leadership team you will create, lead and present product/program strategies to executive leaders. You will be working collaboratively with Senior Operations Leaders and Program Managers to optimize production flow and product quality to meet customer demands.
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose:
You will also lead and coach a team of senior planning & fulfillment specialists, in many cases these specialists are distributed within a team based value stream. The role will be instrumental in increasing inventory stock turns, lead time reduction and optimizing efficient use of all resources including manpower & material planning. You will also be responsible for providing an effective interface for the newly outsourced stores and logistics function with our 3PL provider.
* Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
* Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
* Working closely with Senior Operations Leaders optimize the flow and constraint management process improvements, minimize WIP & inventory and maximise stock turns.
* Is considered a senior and seasoned practitioner.
* Works on complex technological solutions.
* Solving issues and developing new solutions require usage of methods and approaches with some precedence.
* Has authority in the network of experts and in project teams.
* Presents product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders (EB and SEB) across GE.
* Inputs and influences decisions within own discipline and area.
* Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations.
* Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties.
* Liaise closely with On-site customer representatives and the internal GE program management team to ensure customer schedules are managed and prioritized within the overall site schedule.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Proven years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, preferably within a global matrixed organisation
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
* Established project management skills.
Locations: United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.