Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC), offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver industry leading in-flight entertainment through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage and as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion to support new business, we are seeking a Service Program Manager to join our team in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The Service Program Manager (SPM) is accountable for the delivery and financial performance of assigned contracts. He/she is the focal point for communication and coordination between the customer Airlines, Panasonic Avionics and Third party stakeholders to ensure complex support programs are established and maintained over long periods of time.
The SPM will prepare and deliver effective presentations; analyze and interpret customer requirements; effectively plan, monitor and acts as a champion for customer satisfaction. He / She will ensure consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures, company policy and airworthiness regulations.
- Ensures that superb communications between Panasonic and Customers are established and maintained including regular follow-up status reviews and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members to ensure contracted programs are planned and executed while exceeding customer expectations.
- Lead program teams to ensure program financial and operational health.
- Conduct regular team meetings to ensure that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are managed, visible and followed.
- Arrange, attend and chair program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel in addressing or mitigating against possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Liaise with Operations Management and Quality Assurance Management to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develop performance requirements among the teams to consistently work towards enhancing PAC’s reputation among customers and suppliers.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Track and prepare financial and operational reports regarding service program performance to ensure corrective actions are in place and managed as appropriate.
- Review and assist in the development of maintenance processes and practices in accordance with the relevant NAA written policies and procedures of the Customer and PAC to ensure effective financial and business operations.
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, and cooperate with all regulatory agencies and their representatives.
- Work with Regional Ops Management to coordinate labor requirements and opening or closing of new stations within the assigned regional area.
- Ensure that all assigned stations perform to PTS standards.
- Train, supervise, assign projects, evaluate and responsible for the hiring/termination of staff to maintain optimum performance of job duties.
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system and MS office suite of software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced level using Microsoft Project is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, highly presentable, and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
- Confident leader who excels at creating and leading successful outcome-oriented teams.
- Work well with people under pressure, including people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 maintenance operation.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6 years of work experience in Aviation Maintenance/Support Management or Program Management.
- 2 years of experience in a people leadership position including project and team management.
- 3 years of work experience in aircraft industry highly desired.
- In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) experience highly desired.
- Aircraft Maintenance License desirable.
May require travel, up to 50% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.