6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish old or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
To ensure all Service site activities are carried out to the highest standards of health, safety and
quality and in a manner that safeguards the Environment
* To ensure that all Service site activities are undertaken in full compliance with GE Grid and client
policies and procedures, and UK (and international) legislation
* To effectively manage and supervise staff in order to execute projects in line with client and GE
expectations, programmes and budget.
* To ensure accurate on-site records, reports and quality documentation are created, filed and
circulated in accordance with GE internal governance and GE quality plans
* To undertake a liaison role between the UK Service business, Solutions Unit and the relevant
* To effectively supervise, train and mentor GE staff in the role of a Service Engineer (where
* Ideally C&G/ONC/HND in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge & experience
* IOSH Managing Safely
* Specific Knowledge:
* Substation Primary Plant Construction and installation techniques
* Knowledge of Transformer and HV Service business
* Ability to communicate effectively, with both internal and external networks
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: United Kingdom; UK
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.