This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join the eCommerce Team who are responsible for delivering high-quality developments across our two enterprise websites, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays. This team is core to the future of the business and is responsible for building and maintaining a scalable, high performance system which can support the continued growth of the business and provide an excellent customer experience.
As part of a highly skilled Scrum Team you'll work alongside product owners and business stakeholders to shape, estimate and implement new requirements. You'll also work closely with our UX Team to implement a variety of components which can be utilised as part of our CMS platform. You should be passionate about continuous improvement and be committed to improving our agile processes and best practices within the team. You'll be involved in architecting solutions and responsible for developing software that adheres to development best practices. You will also be expected to contribute to the overall technical direction and should be enthusiastic about bringing new technology and innovation to the team. In addition to developing software, you'll also play a role in managing and supporting our applications across both test and live environments. You'll be responsible for releasing new features through our automated deployment process (Octopus Deploy) and will need to have a good understanding of enterprise-level network architecture.
Required Skills & Experience
* .NET 4.0(C#) or later
* ASP.NET MVC and Web API
* Building scalable, high-performance web applications
* Client-side development technologies (JQuery, AJAX, Knockout)
* SQL Server development technologies (T-SQL, Stored Procedures)
* Exposure to or understanding of agile development practices
* Test driven development practices
* Good understanding of OOP, SOLID principles and software design patterns
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage business stakeholders
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Experience with or good understanding of SOA/Microservices based architectures
* Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
* Experience with high-performance search frameworks (SOLR, Elastic Search)
* Sitecore 7.2 or later
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package with fantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 9 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays!! IT Systems