Senior Safety & Compliance Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Safety & Compliance Engineer to be responsible for acting in support of the Manager Safety & Compliance Technical Services in the day-to day management of the Engineering Safety & Compliance Department.
Skills and qualifications:
· Formal Engineering Qualification or suitable equivalent
· Lead Auditor Qualification – ISO 9001 or suitable equivalent
· Good knowledge of Civil and Military Aviation Regulations – EASA, FAA, MAOS etc.
· Good knowledge of Industry Standards – ISO 9001, AS9100 etc.
· Relevant civil and/or military aviation experience
· Experience in performing audits within the Civil and/or Military Aviation environment
· Experience in Safety Management System management / oversight
· Experience in Quality Management System management / oversight
· Good management skills
· Good verbal and written Communication Skills
· Ability to interface with internal and external customers at all levels
· Good Organisational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to achieve deadlines
· Computer literate – Use MS Office Software and other Company Software as required
· Maintain high levels of integrity, work ethic and confidentiality and use discretion appropriately
· Self-motivated, assertive, resilient with the ability to hold their own
· Deputise for the Manager Safety & Compliance Technical Services in their absence
· Day-to-day oversight of the Safety & Compliance Department processes
· Safety Occurrence Report Management support
· Safety Occurrence Report Risk Assessment support
· Performance of Safety Assurance Audits to ensure effective remedial actions from Safety Investigations
· Development of the Annual Audit Plan
· Performance of Internal Compliance Audits against Regulatory and Industry Standards as identified on the Annual Audit Plan
· Performance of External Supplier Audits against Regulatory and Industry Standards as identified on the Annual Audit Plan
· Management of Non-conformances raised from Audit to ensure effective remedial action within agreed timeframes
· Analysis of Non-conformances raised from Audit to identify any adverse trends to support a Risk and Performance Based Audit Plan
· Management and development of relevant Company Expositions and Procedures Management of the Company Component Capability List
· Review and management of Regulatory and Industry Standard legislation, ensuring timely update to Company documentation.
· Support and contribution to the Quality Management System Review