Owner of the Payload AIT test customisation processes for all projects: manage and deliver all customisation activities from bid / project kick-off to the CM (Communication Module) delivery.
* Responsible for the governance of the technical aspects of Test; EGSE and associated MGSE at Portsmouth and also those transferred to Toulouse (or any other spacecraft integration site) and associated to Payload Assembly.
* Supporting the technical aspects of RF Engineering and RF test on all projects managed by Payload AIT
* Provide high level RF engineering skill to the AIT department and individual projects.
* Engaged on multi project tasks; specific R&D initiatives or unusual RF engineering developments.
* Home-in on best practice, unified practices and reduction of non-quality
* Play a major role in defining the operational process and process improvement
* Responsible for the provision of technical support to all Test related techniques and processes to maximize efficiency, safety and standardisation.
* Directly participate in complex satellite proposals.
* Participate in the qualification of special or new processes.
* Lead / Support RF Engineering and Test R&D for Payload Test (includes ESA and 3rd party collaboration).
* Where appropriate; lead a small team of assigned resources involved in supporting development; improvements or R&D initiatives.
* Support a very close relationship with the Design Office providing direction on test configuration solutions, and providing direct technical support.
* Provide expert inputs into RF Engineering or test problem resolution, payload performance anomaly investigations, IOR disposition, Risk Assessment; FMEA; including, hands on testing (as required).
* To define/design and monitor the production of all additional Electrical Ground Support Equipment required for test phases on projects.
* Provide ideas and solutions for innovation, process improvement, next generation payload assembly solutions, studies (including initiation of AIT led studies).