20 days ago
Senior Project Manager
3 days ago(17/04/2018 08:57)
Number of Openings
Senior Project Manager
A vacancy has arisen within AMD to become a senior member of the project delivery team responsible for executing allocated projects in the capital programme. The role will report to Programme Manager – Piers & Terminals.
The Purpose of this role is as follows;
* Manage the delivery of a portfolio of building related projects with the support of a a dedicated team of Project Managers, internal & external design team’s and Site team.
* Manage a team of Project Managers and appropriately allocate resources across the portfolio of projects while maintaining flexibility across other workstreams within the wider team.
* Provide technical and management leadership to the team.
* Projects to be delivered in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objective as set out by the company and in compliance with best in class governance and controls procedures as defined within internal project execution system.
* To be accountable for all aspects of the assigned projects inc. cost, quality and programme.
* To interface with and drive the project team. (Internal & external)
* Promote a positive safety culture in the team and on site.
* Act as the senior interface with the client(s) on your portfolio of projects.
* Act as the point of escalation for issues relating to your portiolio of projects.
* MS Project or P6 (Programme management skills)
* Cost management skills
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Exceptional presentation skills (ability to deliver to director level)
* PSDP or similar training and awareness of daa/amd responsibilities under the “Safety Health & Welfare at Work Regulations”
* Knowledge of the new Building Control Amendment Regulations
* Ability to influence upwards to drive effective decision making
* Ability to step back from the detail and take a more strategic overview and direct the team as suc
* A third level degree in a relevant building code (Architectural, QS, Engineering etc)
* A proven record of CPD training
* 3rd Level qualification in project management (Or demonstrate suitable previous experience)
* At least 8 years’ experience in project management (Ideally client side)
* Experience of managing a team is desirable, but not necessary
All applications should be submitted by 4th April 2018.
* An excellent understanding of building projects from inception through to completion.
* An excellent understanding of the project delivery process.
* An understanding of the relevant building standards, regulations and other applicable legislation relating buildings projects. (Knowledge of Airport security standards would also be beneficial)
* Experience in the preparation and contract administration of multiple forms of contracts.
* A full understanding of the ORAT process and handover procedures.
* A commercial focus with particular emphasis on life cycle analysis to achieve best value for money solutions for daa.
* Solid understanding of EU procurement rules.
* Develop good working relationships and manage the multi-faceted stakeholder group.
* Supporting the PMs with commercial agreements, final accounts etc.
* Reviewing all documents prior to issue.
* Hiring and training of new staff.
* Identifying gaps in skills within the team and putting in place appropriate measures.
* Providing mentoring and guidance to staff.
* Implementing company performance management system for staff.
* Ensuring all staff work within the documented ISO procedures while continuously reviewing and challenging the procedures to seek improvements and efficiencies.
* Recognising excellence within your team, encouraging and promoting a high performance culture.
* Commitment to daa values