Senior/Principal RF Hardware Engineer - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 25-07-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Browse Aviation Job Search by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principal Systems Engineer 11 days ago
A Principal Systems Engineer is required to join a leading systems engineering consultancy to the global aerospace market. Working in a market leading consultancy you will take on the responsibilit...
Principal Mechanical Engineer 22 days ago
Job Title:Principal Mechanical Engineer Permanent position Location: Bristol Salary: Upto £55,000 plus Pension & Excellent Benefits Job Overview As a result of sustained growth within the Mec...
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Aerospace - Perm 11 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer for an Aerospace organisation in the Bristol area.The role will be report into the Mechatronics Manager. The...
Principal Architect 18 days ago
United Arab Emirates
Are you a Principal Architect? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently searching for a Principal Architect to join an I.T Services Provider based in the UAE. You w...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior/principal RF hardware engineer to join a radar receiver development team in Edinburgh. The receiver team is a multi-disciplinary expert team specialising in the design and development of high performance radar receiver sub-systems. This team undertakes a wide range of projects across the full engineering product lifecycle, including applied research, product design & development, integration and problem resolution, production support, and technology insertion into legacy products.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will work within a receiver development team and will be responsible for the engineering and technical aspects of RF and/ or receiver circuits and systems in one or more of the following areas:
- Applied RF research
- RF design and development of systems, sub-systems, and components
- RF sub-system, and component analysis and problem resolution
- RF design for production
- RF design support for manufacturing
- RF development test and design verification
- Technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing
- Technical support to projects and customers
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
First or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) in Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (eg Physics) with specialisation in high frequency circuits and receiver techniques supported by appropriate fundamental elements.
It is essential that the candidate has electronic skills compatible with their degree. Experience at a senior engineer level in design of RF/Microwave circuits and sub-systems is also essential.
This should include current practical experience in one or more of the following areas:-
- RF ADC, RF DAC, DDS, PLL, active/ passive RF/microwave design, RF Filters, RF PCB, RF/microwave down conversion and up conversion, synthesiser architecture or receiver architecture.
- The candidate should be familiar with current industry standard ECAD tools. It is desirable that the candidate has expert knowledge in Agilent ADS, AWR Microwave office, Agilent system vue or matlab/simulink.
- The candidate is required to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
It is desirable for the candidate to have team leader skills and experience of managing junior staff, budgets, cost reporting, project planning and subcontractor technical management.
- It is also desirable that the candidate has experience of design for manufacturing methods such as design margin control, production yield assessment, and design for test / rate manufacturing
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.