Senior/Principal Microwave Engineer - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 25-07-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Browse Aviation Job Search by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principal Systems Engineer 12 days ago
A Principal Systems Engineer is required to join a leading systems engineering consultancy to the global aerospace market. Working in a market leading consultancy you will take on the responsibilit...
Principal Mechanical Engineer 23 days ago
Job Title:Principal Mechanical Engineer Permanent position Location: Bristol Salary: Upto £55,000 plus Pension & Excellent Benefits Job Overview As a result of sustained growth within the Mec...
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Aerospace - Perm 12 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer for an Aerospace organisation in the Bristol area.The role will be report into the Mechatronics Manager. The...
Principal Architect 19 days ago
United Arab Emirates
Are you a Principal Architect? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently searching for a Principal Architect to join an I.T Services Provider based in the UAE. You w...
A Senior/Principal Microwave Hardware Engineer is required to work on the design, development, integration and production support of microwave circuits/components/sub-systems in support of a range of radar products being developed within the Radar delivery team.
The successful candidate will providing key technical support across all aspects of the product lifecycle, and over a portfolio of programmes.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing Microwave circuits and systems as part of the Radar Core Delivery Team.
This will include:
- Microwave hardware requirements capture and management.
- Concept development and prototyping of Microwave PCBs / Modules or MMICs.
- Design of microwave circuits and modules employing the company staged design processes including understanding of design for manufacture and design for test.
- Preparation of manufacturing data pack.
- Technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing.
- Development test and design verification.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- The candidate should have a degree (Hons or Doctorate) in Electronic Engineering or related Science (e.g. Physics) with specialisation in high frequency circuits and receiver techniques supported by appropriate fundamental elements.
It is essential that the candidate has electronic skills compatible with their degree. Experience at a Senior Engineer level in design and test of microwave circuits and sub-systems is essential and the candidate is expected to be familiar with:
- S-parameter manipulation.
- EM simulation.
- Non-linear circuit simulation.
- Matching network design.
- Microwave component selection.
- Filter design.
- Requirements capture and management.
- Design for manufacture and cost.
The candidate should also have current practical experience in one or more of the following areas:-
- Microwave PCB Design.
- Microwave Hybrid Design.
- Microwave Sub-System Design.
- Knowledge of microwave power amplifier design technology.
- Microwave test including knowledge of advanced calibration and de-embedding techniques.
- Microwave GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC design
The candidate should be familiar with current industry standard ECAD tools. It is desirable that the candidate has expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator.
- The candidate is required to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- It is desirable for the candidate to have team leader skills and experience of managing junior staff, budgets, cost reporting, project planning and subcontractor technical management.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.