ENG - Senior/Principal Engineer
Cambridge, United Kingdom
The Structural Design Engineering Group within Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group, are looking for Senior / Principal Structural Design Engineers who have managed or led projects and ideally have a broad experience base covering all aspects of a modification from the start of requirements capture through to final delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of design principles as well as manufacturing processes in order to deliver technical solutions on projects within the Aerospace industry.
As a Senior/Principal Design Engineer, the candidate will have proven experience in leading a team of engineers within the project and bringing it to a successful completion.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities:
* Evidence a solid background and experience in designing and developing aerospace structures (Primary and Secondary)
* Understanding of Manufacturing and Production of components/parts
* Ability to carry out preliminary stress hand calculations for structural sizing purposes
* Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks with consideration for cost, quality, risk and safety
* Understanding of system engineering and requirements capture.
* Ability to provide technical and commercial management, compliant with requirements and regulations within agreed programmes and timescales;
* Estimating project costs and timescales;
* Able to carry out interviews, staff appraisal and mentoring.
Key skills for the role are, but not limited to:
* Be able to make informed engineering design decisions and be able to judge when escalation is required.
* Be resourceful and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
* Have strong communication and organisation skills.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Although a degree in a relevant subject (such as Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering) is preferred, we understand the value of experience so all candidates with a demonstrable and significant background in Aerospace Structural design are welcome to open discussions.
* Ideally 10 years minimum experience
* Catia V5 experience and competency with exposure to a typical PLM system
* Familiarity of appropriate certification requirements within the Aerospace sector.
* Proven management skills commensurate with the position.
Marshall ADG are the UK's largest independent aerospace and defence company, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services.
Currently employing over 2000 people we are widely regarded as an 'employer of choice' and offer an exceptional all round employment opportunity and package to include a wide range of benefits.
This is a permanent role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for Marshall ADG. We are a leading global technical services provider with specialist teams dealing with the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.