Zenon are working with a Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) based in the South of England in their search for a Senior Planning Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Planning Engineer will ensure the provision and operation of an efficient and productive Planning Department and hold the following key responsibilities:
• Line management of department staff.
• Supporting the development of an up-to-date hangar utilisation plan
• Supporting the collation and dissemination of key information relating to in-work aircraft
• The production of work packs, work charts, and associated documentation.
• Development of planning methods that enable the determination of material and tooling requirements.
• Liaison with the Commercial Department so as to ensure work packs reflect all customer requirements.
• Supporting the Production Manager in the timely notification of any problems in achieving the designated programmes and maintaining and up-to-date project plan, and assisting in recovery action plans if required.
• To monitor and develop Planning Department procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
• Proven experience in a base and/or line maintenance environment
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
• Experience of planning and scheduling large aircraft maintenance activities
• Ability to interpret engineering data, identify issues with provided work scopes, and challenge where appropriate
• Knowledge of Boeing MPD and task card methodology
• Ability to rapidly and accurately assess data, to support sound decision making
• Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate positively with stakeholders, sometimes in challenging situations
• Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Excellent IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience of working with a planning IT system
If the above opportunity is of interest to you and you want to work in a challenging and rewarding training environment please forward your CV to Ashley Ewen or call our office for a confidential discussion.
Unfortunately only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.