3 months ago
Reporting to the Head, Settlement, the Manager, FX International Settlement is responsible for day-to-day management of the department’s centralized foreign exchange transactions including IATA's Currency Clearance Service (ICCS) operations.
* Manage, Lead and coordinate the new FX and global settlement department with a focus on making the department THE Forex center of excellence of IATA; providing creative solutions, strong customer service & value added to all internal & external clients with a view gaining synergies.
* Manage, Lead and coordinate the ICCS clearance cycles (120+/yr) function on-time, error free, meticulously following SOPs and within the set KPIs. Ensure that FX rates monitoring is performed and discrepancies reported to Head of Settlement,
* Manage a Team of 3 with a focus on an exemplary team work and productivity
* Manage the Foreign Exchange Managed Treasury revenues process to ensure that the correct spreads are applied. Coordinate any FX pricing with the Assistant Director FX and Currency Services, IPS.
* Review, develop and implement appropriate operational processes to streamline and automate clearance cycles while minimizing operational and financial risk.
* Ensure that department operational systems are set for purpose and drive enhancements with the Settlement Standardization Team.
* Develop and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally i.e. ICCS Member Airlines, Settlement Teams, Banks and IATA R&S Teams worldwide.
* Manage and support the expansion of the FX & International Settlement into new BSP and CASS markets.
* Manage and support onboarding of new products, services and special projects, working in conjunction with the GDC Settlement Standardization Team and IPS Teams, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree in Finance and/or Accounting,
* 5-10 years’ experience in a banking/cash management environment, including knowledge of Foreign Exchange, Banking operations and international transfer mechanisms. Knowledge of IATA's Settlement Systems is a definite asset,
* Experience with Banking back office system processes an asset
* Supervisory experience with proven ability to motivate Team members
* Ability to work effectively in a small team environment, under pressure and meet strict deadlines
* Meticulous, detail oriented with strong analytical skills
* Strong communication skills and able to tactfully communicate with different nationalities
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package,
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of an additional language an asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.