About Your Job:
Qatar Airways Cargo is looking for a Senior Manager Network Operations Performance and Handling. In this position you will have the full responsibility for handling operations worldwide including our state of the art hub at Hamad International Airport. As the Senior Manager Network Operations Performance and Handling you will have responsibility for activities pertaining to but not limited to safety, security, cargo handling (both passenger and freighter) quality standards, audit schedules, contract negotiation and evaluation, compliance and related manuals.
You will have experience of working in similar capacity for a major airline including experience of a managing a major hub operation, you will be an outstanding leader and communicator, as you will need to lead and managed remote teams across our network of more than 150 stations globally.
You will work closely with our contracts team in implementing effective contracts with all third party suppliers to optimize productivity, efficiency and safety & security. As well as being responsible for handling all of QR Cargo network activities to support and meet all compliance requirements.
You will ensure the provision of effective and consistent cargo handling for all Qatar Airways flights and freighters, ensuring a HUB supported network, handling operations within agreed standards and financial targets through policy and procedures that provide strategic leadership, direction and management oversight.
- Responsibility for all operational and handling performance activities for HUB and outstations.
- Regular GHA (Ground Handling Agent) performance reports based on C2K (Cargo 2000), audit non conformance, GSRs (Ground Safety Reports) and OTIs (Opportunity to Improve).
- Ensure a credible and reliant audit schedule is maintained and evaluated against regular non conformance, findings, reported incidents (safety and security), etc.
- SLA (Service Level Agreements) implementation and management to ensure consistency of handling and performance
- Implement a network performance management team to ensure effective controls on GHAs and other suppliers as the network grows and develops
- Initiate and manage all risk issues for the network with continual evaluation, contingency, mitigation formulation and structural escalation for critical risk items.
- Build C2K consistency into Necessary Handling Practice criteria
- Ensure a platform for product development support on key areas – AVI (Live Animals), PER (Perishable), VUN (Vulnerable), VAL (Valuable) etc.
- Revised and updated operational evaluation matrix to automatically produce risk assessment document for all new tenders working with QAS as well as Quality and safety/security
- Reduction of supervisory element within contracts
- Identify own need for QR staff attendance i.e. India, Pakistan, KSA
- Reduce the number of Safety and DG (Dangerous Goods) reports in the HUB and network.
- Regular communication to the network and newsletters / circular distribution
- Control measures to ensure compliance on all Regulatory, Industry and other requirements.
- Execute on defined technology initiatives in 2013 and long term projects in line with IS-IT.
- GHA performance improvements key to Safety, cost control and efficiency
- Periodic updates to GHAs defining critical areas of focus – Safety, Security and regulatory compliance
- Implement a strategic approach to all Safety and Security requirements to ensure ‘best practice’ and in full accordance with all regulatory and company requirements (aligned with the corporate security and safety teams).
- Implement effective contracts with all 3rd party suppliers to optimize productivity, efficiency, safety and security and quality performance.
- Develop and implement a toolkit to be used across the network at each station, allowing standardisation
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees, direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.