In the role of Senior Manager, Business Finance - Technical Engineering, you will be responsible for the management and preparation of financial and strategic planning, monitoring variance against the budget, evaluating opportunities/risks, technical inventory accounting, and implementation of cost control for the Technical Engineering Division.
As a leader, you will assist staff members in providing value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis for Senior Management.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Take responsibility for the overall management and delivery of the annual technical budget and align with Senior Management to develop strategic five year plan.
- Accountable to present an objective view of the financial situation and provide sound recommendations for the allocation of resources in the most efficient way to achieve the business goals and objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of the monthly reporting and variance analysis for technical areas ensuring that actions agreed with the line areas to mitigate major variances to keep on target.
- Incorporate a forecast planning culture to the business ensuring adequate provisions are made for major risk and opportunities identified to improve the course of operations.
- Initiate and evaluate a productivity driver based culture and ensure embedded into the line areas with full traction to seek improved efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Introduce a way of thinking culture that causes people with the authority to recommend projects to first consider their value, risks and relative priority as a fundamental element of submitting the project proposal
- Responsible for accounting, tracking, and verification of aircraft pricing and coordinating with other departments and senior management on aircraft price related issues.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives
- Responsible to lead the units strategic business drivers to determine investment allocation, creating comprehensive and highly structured Business Cases for proposed projects, ascertaining investment cost and benefits to scope, dependencies, risk and its alignment to strategic objectives
- Monitor and maintain internal customer satisfaction ratings at or above department objective
You will have a University qualification at Bachelor's level with preferably an additional CA/CPA/MBA qualification.
In addition, you will have 10 or more years’ experience of which at least 5 years of Finance experience will be in planning and analysis and 5 years in an airline management position with the following job specific skills:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review variances, understand business cycle and their impact on the profit and loss account.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Knowledge of the Airline Technical Engineering area and relevant industry rules and regulation procedures.