3 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior HR Manager (aka Senior Talent Manager) position to be based in our Edinburgh office. You’ll report directly into our Talent Director. You’ll lead and manage a small team – a Talent Manager, UK and Talent Manager, US. You’ll help to shape and define the Global People Operations vision, supporting employees across our Growth (Marketing), Commercial (Sales & Business Development) and Support teams. You’ll have a real start-up mindset, mentoring and leading your team to take our internal people strategy to the next level.
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an operating culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. The role sits within our Internal Growth Tribe (the people team). Can you develop a strong and motivated team, capable of quickly creating and deploying strategic solutions? Can you own solutions to complex and diverse people issues for your areas of the business, resolving in a creative and effective way? Do you have the influence to challenge, guide and support colleagues in the business across the employee life cycle, handling complex and sensitive situations, ensuring our managers feel equipped to manage their teams? If so then this could be the role for you
What you can expect as a Senior Talent Manager
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* An opportunity to be responsible for handling complex and sensitive situations, all the while thinking about maintaining the fantastic culture and environment we’re lucky enough to work in
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
What we are looking for
* Bachelor degree or equivalent HR CIPD qualification
* Proven experience in a senior HR role within a fast paced, high growth environment
* Leadership experience, leading by example
* Track record of delivering successful people initiatives, from inception to implementation, that make a real impact on the business and internal growth
* Team player: you’re an impactful leader. You’ve a knack for building relationships and consensus with people at all levels while maintaining confidentiality and trust
* Bias to action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organisation
* Self-driven: You have fantastic organisational skills, integrity and great follow through
* You operate with a ‘lean start-up’ mentality, adapting quickly to the needs of the business and like to keep your own ER knowledge up to date
* Analytically oriented. You can demonstrate impact and efficacy of interventions on the business. You make data driven decisions
* Naturally curious: you ask powerful questions and you look to innovative and optimise processes
* Fun: you're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome
* Motivated: passionate about making Skyscanner a great placed to work. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team
* A utility player: you're willing to help out wherever needed. You have a deep understanding of best practices for people teams. Partnering with managers and the talent department to solve problems
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
What you will get in Edinburgh -
Our Headquarters office is situated in the beautiful city of Edinburgh where the company was founded. An office which boasts an aircraft wing as its reception desk, in flight seating which double as massage chairs and many spaces to be creative and take time out to catch some headspace. Situated near the Meadows park in the midst of a thriving start up and tech community, it’s the home of many of our Product Engineering and Growth tribes and with space to hire many more staff we are excited to welcome our new recruits.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach 60 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.