My client requires two Senior Flight Operations Inspectors to be based initially in the south east UK and then later on, in Asia.
These are contract roles, expected to last for approximately 12 months.
The Senior Flight Operations Inspectors are responsible for the safety oversight of air services operators through the initial issue of Air Operating Certificates and on-going safety oversight of air services operations.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Assures on a continuing basis that certificate holders are properly and adequately organized, staffed, and equipped; have and conduct an adequate training programme, including an acceptable record keeping system; and have facilities and procedures that meet all regulatory requirements;
- Requires or directs correction of any deficiencies/discrepancies and refuses, restricts or withdraws approval if they cannot be resolved;
- Approves or disapproves flight simulators, training devices, or other equipment used in training programmes;
- Approves/disapproves designations of designated airmen;
- Evaluates operations and facilities by on-site inspections and review of reports by other inspectors or other personnel;
- Is responsible for the conduct of enforcement investigations and preparation of final reports and recommendations;
- Performs or supervises the emergency suspension of certificates or cancellation of operations specifications;
- Provides verbal and/or written technical assistance to legal officer, testifies at court trials and formal hearings, and gives depositions;
- Provides direction to all aviation operations inspectors in the performance of their duties thereby ensuring the flight safety objectives of the CAAT are being realized;
- Conducts routine inspections of station facilities, apron, en-route and base checks;
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a thorough knowledge of Civil Aviation Legislative requirements regarding Flying Operations, and an understanding of international and International Civil Aviation Organisation standards and recommended practices relating to Flying Operations or the ability to quickly gain same;
- Have a thorough knowledge of commercial air services operations.
- Possess a valid Air Transport License with a current Class 1 Instrument rating and either recent extensive training and checking experience within an approved air carrier organisation or military equivalent;
- Have five years of relevant industry experience in flight operations in an airline, preferably with experience in international operations, or regulatory experience;
- Have two years of experience as a Flight Operations Oversight Inspector;
- Have well-developed interpersonal and networking skills
- International Experience would be preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV immediately to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.