Senior Engineer- Circuit Design - Expired Jobs
This job expired on 03-04-2012
Browse Aviation Job Search by Region
Browse Aviation Job Search by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Development Engineer 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Development Engineer Bournemouth Dorset Permanent + BenefitsAbout the Company: Our client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge ae...
B2 Licensed Engineer 26 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Our client has an opportunity for a B2 Licensed Engineer with type ratings on the AS332/EC225 series of aircraft to join their growing team of licensed engineers based in Gosport, Hampshire. The su...
B1 Licensed Engineers 26 days ago
ATC Lasham Ltd is the UK’s leading narrow bodied Boeing and Airbus aircraft maintenance provider with MRO sites at Lasham Airfield in Hampshire and London Southend Airport in Essex, a...
BEECH 1900 ENGINEER B1 25 days ago
FARNAIR is a Swiss airline at the forefront in the main field of express air cargo transport and logistics both within and outside of Europe. With a team of 180 highly motivated employees and 30 ye...
Structural Design Engineer (Permanent) 13 days ago
Structural Design Engineer (Permanent) The Client Our customer is the UK's leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located...
|Salary Details:||£45000 per annum|
|Job Categories:||Avionics Engineer Jobs|
This organisation is a leading innovator of their chosen sector and is located in Cambridge. They hold an outstanding history in the design and development of electronic systems for the defence, security and aerospace markets. They also acting as one of the areas leading employers, this is a large organisation and can offer great long term employment and career prospects.
Re-locators are welcome to apply for this global leader and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
To develop and support Circuit Design to ensure both project and statutory requirements are met and to improve the effectiveness of the circuit design function within the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving assigned engineering objectives and ensuring timely delivery to customers.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- To effectively support the engineering manager as required, to support bids and projects
- To competently resolve technical problems associated with assigned products
- Strive to continuously improve the processes and procedures for which they are responsible for
- To help ensure engineering activity is carried out in accordance with engineering procedures
- To support the preparation and updating of project plans for assigned projects
- Ensure adequate constructive challenge is presented in design reviews to identify and help mitigate any key issues
- Responsible for assisting project leaders to deliver, attending project review meetings as required
- Help to build and maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships
- Prepare reports where required for internal and external use
- Keep up to date with new developments within the market place to ensure the company remains at the cutting edge
- Prepare and deliver presentations as required
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures to ensure accreditation requirements are consistently met
- Be prepared to travel to support current and future products on customers sites around the world
- Good experience of electronics design in aerospace
- Technically competent to identify risk in their area and honestly presenting the detail
- Familiar with appropriate standards within area
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to suggest and apply practical and economic solutions to any problems encountered
- Able to communicate succinctly and accurately on most technical issues and schemes with internal and external customers and the team
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Works effectively with others
- Proactively able to manage own work in order to achieve objectives
- Uses own initiative and makes timely decisions within the scope of the role and is financially aware of the consequences of decisions
- Demonstrates a "Can do" positive attitude and leads by example
- Good application of Microsoft packages and relevant software for the role
- Familiar with circuit design and analysis and test techniques for analogue and digital circuitry
- Conversant with RTCA/DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance For Airborne Electronic Hardware
- Conversant with aerospace environmental issues and procedures e.g. RTCA/DO-160E, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment Conversant with safety and certification requirements for aerospace
- Able and willing to participate in product investigations resulting from aircraft incidents
- Good level of experience with formal requirements capture, validation and verification
** There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to the Companies' goals and objectives **
- Be familiar with the manufacturing techniques used for aerospace electronics
- Be familiar with the responsibilities of acting as a Compliance Verification Engineer
- Familiarity with PCB design and layout
- Familiarity with EMC techniques
- Familiarity with software and RTCA DO-178B, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- Familiarity with reliability and reliability prediction
- Familiarity with system design practice
- 2:1 or above Electronics Engineering Degree or equivalent
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.