Senior Composite Structural Design Engineers
Our client is the United Kingdom's leading independent Aerospace Company and are renowned and respected worldwide for its quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability. The Composite Engineering Group are looking for Senior Composite Structural Design Engineers who have managed or led projects incorporating composite design, and ideally have experience of component manufacture through to final delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of design principles for composite materials as well as manufacturing processes in order to deliver technical solutions on a number of projects within different sectors of industry. As a Senior Design Engineer, the candidate will have proven experience in leading a team of engineers within a composite material based project and bringing it to a successful completion.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities:
* Evidence a solid background and experience in designing and developing composite structures (Primary and Secondary);
* Demonstrate knowledge of laminate theory within design;
* Experience of tooling design for the manufacture of composite parts;
* Ability to carry out preliminary stress hand calculations for structural sizing purposes;
* Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks with consideration for cost, quality, risk and safety;
* Understanding of system engineering;
* Ability to provide technical and commercial management, compliant with requirements and regulations within agreed programmes and timescales;
* Estimating project costs and timescales;
* Able to carry out interviews, staff appraisal and mentoring.
Key skills for the role are, but not limited to:
* Be able to make informed engineering design decisions and be able to judge when escalation is required.
* Be resourceful and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
* Have strong communication and organisation skills.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Although a degree in a relevant subject (such as Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering) is preferred, we understand the value of experience so all candidates with a demonstrable and significant background in the design of fibre-reinforced composite structures are welcome to open discussions.
* Ideally 10 years experience, with at least 5 working within composite sectors of industry.
* Catia V5 with exposure to a typical PLM system, and experience within Fibresim or Catia CPE/CPD.
* Familiarity of appropriate certification requirements within industry sector.
* Proven management skills commensurate with the position.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.