Senior Commercial Manager required for within the Air sector of the Companys Security Business based in Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 6BS
This is a temporary contract for approx. 6 months.
Working week approx. 40 hours per week
£500.00-£550.00 per day based on working 8 hours a day (contracted 40 hours per week)
General Description of Job
The role is a senior member of the Commercial team within the Air sector of the Companys Defence and Security Business, primarily focused on securing new business. The immediate task is to provide commercial leadership on a major defence bid, covering the final invitation to tender phase of the project through to contract award. Providing commercial leadership in this direct customer facing role externally and with internal customers and across Functions within the Business.
Whilst being a part of the wider Commercial team, the role offers the potential opportunity to take on a leadership role in the JV should the Business be successful with the major bid. Alternatively the role will focus on supporting the development of new business, following the role out of the strategic plan
This role is based in our Divisional Headquarters in Dorset, with a requirement for UK and potentially overseas travel
- Management of commercial and contractual relationships with customers and partners and working closely with and beside the Procurement and Supply Chain team to manage strategic suppliers. Lead on customer negotiations and manage external legal support as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the bid governance process to ensure that commercial control is maintained throughout the project lifecycle,
- Provide leadership and recommendations on issues such as deal structures and commercial and negotiating strategies in accordance with Company policy and process,
- In terms of the major bid, provide commercial leadership and control across the project, including management of the risks and opportunities process and interfacing with the potential JV partner.
- Provide support to Commercial training and mentoring within the commercial function
- Lead on compliance with our internal policies and procedures as regards commercial and bidding best practice in respect of all tasks assigned.
Main Tasks Specific
Lead as appropriate on the development of new partnering / teaming relationships with third party organisations.
Lead the development and creation of JVCO Shareholders agreements
Lead the review of terms and their flow down through the supply chain.
Lead all commercial elements of bid writing and proposal generation including responses on; contract management, governance, terms and conditions, PPIM, partnering, risk, exit, insurance and Liabilities and finance.
Technical Qualifications and Experience
A basic understanding of contract law and an understanding of service based outsourcing contracts
Strong commercial acumen with the drive to succeed to achieve outstanding results
Comfortable in applying relevant tools and techniques to support decisions and thinking creatively about problems and problem solving solutions
Experienced in instilling a culture of collaboration and leading by example in actions, delivery and behaviours
Skilled computer user (standard office packages)
Commercial leadership and business awareness together with understanding of contract management including diligent document control, reporting cycles, drafting, etc.
A depth of practical experience of developing proposals
Demonstrable ability to successfully support and conduct negotiations with third parties, (both internal and external stakeholders)
Degree qualified in Business, Engineering, Law or similar subject
Skills Profile/Other Requirements
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage own workload
- Ability to self-start and motivate
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile:
- Focusing on efficient and effective delivery and achievement of goals and targets to meet defined business aims.
- Strives for excellence in all actions
- Focuses on the delivery of results
- Manages time effectively
- Accepts responsibility for personal actions, behaviours and choices
Leading Innovation and Change
- Embraces change by inspiring people to identify and make changes that maximise business success.
- Encourages and fosters continuous improvement and sharing of best practices.
- Demonstrates a willingness to adjust ideas or perceptions based on changing demands and conditions
- Accepts the need for flexibility
- Is open-minded in trying new ideas
- Listens to other people’s points of view and accepts constructive feedback
- Reviews current working practices to improve quality and efficiency
Leading People and Teams
- Willingly cooperates and puts in extra effort when needed, to help others
- Seeks input from others when making decisions
- Behaves professionally and consistently towards all team members, regardless of sex, race, gender or age
- Seeks feedback on own performance, taking action where necessary
- Communicates in a clear and consistent manner
Leading Customer Focus
- Focusing on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and service, on both external and internal customer needs and expectations.
- Recognises the importance of the customer to the business
- Provides prompt, efficient and personal assistance in meeting customer requirements
- Treats all stakeholders with respect and respond to them in a pleasant and friendly way
- Maintains personal composure when faced with difficult behaviour
- Demonstrate the Company values and behaviours as set out by policy and process
- Embracing and promoting workplace diversity by conducting business to the highest standards off honesty and integrity
- Actively contributes to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination and fair to everyone
- Seeks to understand other’s viewpoints
- Sets a positive example of behaviour to others
- Ensures that 100% of own behaviour is safe.
- Takes action to ensure the safety of others is maintained or improved