Volotea is the newest and fastest-growing low-cost airline in Europe, focused on connecting medium and small-sized European cities. We launched in April 2012, and have transported 9 million passengers in over four years of operation, with a modern fleet, which is currently made of Boeing 717 and introducing Airbus 319 this year.
Volotea headquarters are located in Barcelona, Spain, being its principal markets Italy, France, and Spain. Our operational bases are Italy (Venice, Palermo & Verona), France (Nantes, Bordeaux, Strasbourg and Toulouse), and Spain (Asturias).
We are looking for a SENIOR CAMO ENGINEER, who is used to interact in different cultural environments, and who wants to work in a challenging high-growth environment
The work place is in our Engineering office in Palma de Mallorca
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Engineering in management, oversight and control of Volotea´s Continued Airworthiness Maintenance Organization in compliance with EASA and AESA requirements and Volotea’s procedures as defined in the CAME and other manuals.
- Act as deputy for Engineering Manager
- To provide immediate assistance, advice, and technical support to the Head of Engineering, Technical Director and MCC
- To provide approved data and repair instruction from the TCH in order to support maintenance execution
- Edition, review and update of the maintenance program, and submission to the authority for approval, if applicable
- To provide support and advice to the technical teams during the planning and preparation for base checks and repairs.
- Ensure the compliance of planned maintenance according to the approved maintenance program
- Evaluation of AD, SB, repairs and non-mandatory modifications ensuring that compliance with these modifications and repairs are according to EASA regulations.
- Implementation of any operational or airworthiness directive and any other requirements for continuous airworthiness issued by the Authority.
- Support in the analysis of the effectiveness of the maintenance program
- Ensure that the applied modifications or repairs have been approved in accordance with Annex (Part 21) to Regulation (EC) No 1702/2003.
- Issuance of engineering orders and engineering bulletins.
- Determine empty weight and centre of gravity of each aircraft after reweighed, reconfiguration or recalculation and related notification of the Operations Department
- Support in preparations for end of lease phase out and aircraft phase in are complete, the aircraft are compliant, and that financial exposure is minimised and managed accordingly
- Master Degree Aircraft Engineering or equivalent
- EASA Part66 CAT C or B1 is a plus
- 5 years’ experience working in an Engineering environment CAMO or Part 145
- A320 experience, Level 3 course desirable
- Experienced in work with AIRBUS & BOEING manuals and data sources
- Fluent in Spanish and English is essential
- Good knowledge of EASA regulations
- Previous experience within an EASA-OPS approved organization and familiarity with EASA Part M requirements
- Experience dealing with EASA and AESA on airworthiness matters
- Methodical, analytical minded and service-oriented
- Attentive to details without losing sight of the whole picture of an airline operation