Vacancy Notice – Security Manager (Part Time)
Reporting to the Head of Safety & Compliance, with direct access to the Accountable Manager, the Security Manager has the authority required to ensure full implementation of the Security Programme and to provide effective liaison with governments, authorities and law enforcement agencies. He/she is the senior manager appointed to fulfil the requirements of Commission Regulation EU No 300/2008, EC No 2015/1998 and the Department of Transport Tourism and Sport (DTTAS) National Civil Aviation Security Programme (NCASP) for Ireland.
The candidate appointed to the position of Security Manager must be approved by the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA).
Duties of the Security Manager include:
- Ensure that aviation security measures described in the NCASP, Security Advise Notices and directions issued by the DTTAS and/or IAA are implemented by Stobart Air;
- Ensuring Stobart Air is represented on all relevant Airport Security Committees;
- Developing security instructions for all staff and encouraging security awareness and vigilance as a basis for implementing aviation security procedures;
- Maintaining a record of all occurrences of unlawful interference affecting Stobart Air operations, including bomb threats and reporting such incidents to DTTAS;
- To conduct an initial comprehensive security survey and subsequent periodic audits, inspections and tests of Stobart Air facilities, and activities and to report all deficiencies identified to the DTTAS and IAA and ensuring that any issues arising from such reports are addressed;
- Ensuring effectiveness of security programme by regular evaluation and inspection;
- Ensuring that Stobart Air’s Security Programme is continuously maintained and developed, the aviation security training programme is up to date;
- Liaison with Security Departments of airports and service providers to ensure security measures are implemented to the appropriate standards;
- Advising without delay, DTTAS and the IAA with all pertinent information relating to a company aircraft, if unlawfully seized at an airport in the State or outside the State;
- Ensuring the continuing effectiveness of the Hold Baggage Screening (HBS) Protocol by regular evaluations and inspections of the HBS system and that the HBS operator complies with the requirements of the NCASP, relevant training requirements, and maintains training records;
- Ensure an effective risk analysis, threat assessment and response capability;
- Initiate special security measures during periods/instances of increased threat;
- Provide specialised advice to senior and line management in all security functions, protection, intelligence, information and investigation, as the need arises;
- Assessment and monitoring of third party contracted (or sub-contracted if relevant) service providers and suppliers to ensure standards are maintained;
- Liaise on matters of security, though the Safety and Compliance Review Board and/or Safety Action Group(s), in support of the Accountable Managers safety accountability.
- Stobart Air Accountable Manager.
- Stobart Air Head of Safety & Compliance.
- Stobart Air nominated personnel, responsible managers, and associated staff in all departments of the organisation.
- National and Foreign Aviation Authorities.
- Department of Transport Tourism and Sport (DTTAS).
- Security Departments of airports and contracted service providers.
- Security Departments of current franchise and other business partners.
In order to satisfy the company requirements and to meet the acceptance criteria of the Irish Aviation Authority, the Security Manager must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Have a background check completed with no violations noted.
- Knowledge of applicable officially recognised standards and regulations;
- Knowledge of auditing techniques - planning, conducting and reporting;
- Broad knowledge and experience in the functions of an airlines capabilities, privileges and limitations;
- Previous experience in security related roles is desirable;
- Proactive and responsible individual, with the ability to drive initiatives at all levels of the operation;
- Ability to identify and rectify existing and potential unsafe conditions;
- Professional and authoritative, with proven ability to maturely assess situations, ensuring thorough investigation involving all relevant parties;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Experienced in presenting information, written & verbal;
- Proficient in MS Office suite and comfortable learning new systems.
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.