Safety Engineer to conduct safety analysis on all systems utilising systems and safety engineering experience - Dorset - salary on experience
Our client is a global leader in aerospace and defence systems and this role is based within Mission Systems Area of the business identifying safety requirements through to conducting system and equipment level assessments to demonstrate compliance and drive design changes.
You will have aerospace background, aerospace degree or equivalent and be part of a team developing both systems and safety engineering knowledge, primarily related to Weapons Carriage and Release systems, but also work on Air-to-Air Refuelling equipment and probes. The team and you will develop a world class capability in safety interpretation, analysis and compliance.
Responsibilities and Experience
As a Safety Engineer you will:
· Experience in the design and/or equipment for civil and/or military aircraft.
· Experience in systems engineering principals.
· Produce safety documentation in line with project requirements and criteria.
· Liaise with Design Team and other engineering disciplines to support production of System Safety documentation.
· Administer Hazard Identification and Analysis team meetings.
· Attend project meetings in support of safety.
· Lead and report in meetings with the customers (some international travel may be possible).
· Knowledge of the safety assessment techniques in SAE ARP 4761; and awareness or experience in MIL-STD-882, DEF STAN 00-56 or FAR/CS 25.1309
· Knowledge of the following would be beneficial: ARP 4754, RTCA DO-178/254, MIL-STD-1629, CSs and FARs.
· Attendance on established safety related courses advantageous.
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Matched contribution pension
- 3x Salary Life Assurance
- Access to all employee bonus plan
If you would like an opportunity to work as a Safety Engineer in a state of the art facility based on the outskirts of the New Forest and within easy reach of Poole and Bournemouth please apply now.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.