RF Microwave Design Engineer - Spacecraft
Join a world leader in spacecraft design and manufacture: an RF - Microwave Design Engineer with experience of front-end transmission / reception circuits and products is needed to join an established RF equipment design group to develop SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Receivers and Beacon equipment for satellite communication payloads from UHF through to Ka band.
Familiarity with design and manufacture for high reliability harsh environments is highly desirable. Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be involved at every phase of the product lifecycle.
Key Responsibility Areas
· Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment; including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
· Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS
· Perform development testing of own designs and support to the lead engineer
· Generate equipment analysis documentation for internal and external Design reviews
· Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level
· Technically liaise with Customer and Partner companies
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in an Engineer discipline.
· RF-Microwave circuit design and development of sub-system architectures for high frequency analogue equipment, ideally in satellite communications.
· Recent experience with Keysight ADS (preferably version 2011 and later)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.