We are looking for 2 Resource Managers to work at our client offices in Cambridge, this is a very exciting position with a lot of potential, the successful candidates will be responsible for the leadership and development of all staff within their Discipline Group and location, and for the performance of the teams they deploy to projects.
Allocation and Support
* Responsible for resource provision within discipline groups liaising with Chief 'Discipline' Engineers.
* Identify engineers with the Tactical Resource Co-ordinator for deployment to projects both internally and externally.
* Hold regular reviews with Project Engineers to ensure their teams are running effectively and respond appropriately to address any issues.
Appraisal and Development
* Ensure appraisals for all Discipline Groups are on time by regular review with Line Management, including interim reviews (PDR's and Competency assessments). Provide information for KPIs.
* Minimise staff turnover by identifying 'at risk' leavers with Line Managers and Chief 'Discipline' Engineers. Set up action plans for each. Follow up on progress within action plans and report through to appropriate Chief 'Discipline' Engineers and Head of Support Engineering.
* Identify under-performing staff and agree specific development objectives with Head of Support Engineering & Chief 'Discipline' Engineers. Work with Chief' Discipline' Engineer and Engineer involved to ensure progress is being made, and the objectives are being met.
* Identify engineers with development requirements to gain experience enabling deployment to projects and for them to have exposure to the type of work required to fulfil their competency. Assess with Chief 'Discipline' Engineer capabilities of engineers.
* Aim to minimise overhead burden whilst achieving KPIs by delegation of tasks to juniors and admin team.
* Support S & OP process, understand data and work with Tactical Resource Coordinator and Chief 'Discipline' Engineers to ensure resource supply matches demand.
* People management
* Work effectively as a part of a team and under their own initiative with efficient time management
* Excellent communication
* Knowledge and awareness of the UK-Standard for Professional Engineering Competence
Experience & Qualifications:
Although qualification to HND/degree level in a relevant subject is preferred, we understand the value of experience so candidates with a demonstrable and significant background within an appropriate engineering environment would also be considered.