About Your Job:
The Regional Manager Compliance and Contracts is responsible for the smooth cargo operations for Europe through close coordination with GHA's and staff within the station in the region. You will develop, implement and monitor compliance on a regional level and ensure daily reporting in support of Safety, Security and corporate governance requirements. You will prepare, analyse and submit technical evaluations of (Ground Handling Agents) GHA/operational contracts to HQ Cargo Manage Contracts by providing cost and advice on contract value and associated activities ensuring these are delivered professionally, within budget and in a controlled, efficient manner.
You will ensure that the operational performance of third party contractors is identified, recognised or corrected and assures that the performance and “work” contracted meet the service objectives of Qatar Airways.
- Complete management of Safety, Security, and operational compliance matters in the overall region
- Responsible for operational performance of all SGHA through effective Service Level Agreement management at all stations
- Develop reporting process at station and regional levels in support of NHP requirements and criteria, and to align with HQ requirements. To escalate non-compliance with GHAs including corrective actions and action plans with GHAs and support local staff and RCOM on the GHA
- Deputise for the Regional Cargo Operations Manager (RCOM)and provide support on the ERP/IRP programs for cargo staff and freighter stations.
- Steering the evaluations and technical capability of Start Up stations.
- Developing new strategies in the vision of improving service levels in coordination with Cargo HDQ.
- Initiating and implementing HDQ best practices for cargo handling in all regions to achieve operational excellence.
- Responsible for establishing the standard operating procedures (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the GHA’s in the region to ensure smooth cargo operations and compliance in the region.
- Ensure full Incident Response Procedures compliance with QR regulations, setting of “what if” scenarios and reviewing.
- Ensure full Emergency Response Procedures compliance with QR regulations and local airport and national requirements, including review of airport emergency plans, and ensure competency and scenario based testing of staff and suppliers.
- Ensure seamless interfacing with national authorities – TSA, customs etc on incidents and implementation of legislation.
- To audit stations as per agreed schedule, including GHA and internal staff reviews, identification of common findings and implementing standard practices across the region.
- Maintain a generic overview of stations including all GHA capability in each station of responsibility, new facilities, technologies, specialized product facilities and services. Compile and maintain a centralized overview for all current and potential new stations in your region.
- Liaise with local Government/Customs Authorities for obtaining permission to comply with regulatory issues related to cargo operations. Establish strong contacts with such authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Initiate and manage all risk issues for the network with continual evaluation, contingency, mitigation formulation and structural escalation for critical risk items.
- Full management and responsibility of regional supplier contracts.
- Work closely with DOH Cargo HDQ management to use bilateral handling agreements to the advantage of QR.
- Asses, and recommends current contracts to achieve savings of the company’s portfolio.
- Prepare technical evaluations for new GHA contracts in accordance with corporate requirements.
You will need to hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and have a minimum of 7 years’ of relevant experience within the Air Cargo sector. Auditing and compliance qualification will be an advantage. Knowledge of contractual understanding, and SGHA knowledge would be preferred.
You will need to have well developed leadership and interpersonal skills with an experience in understanding of market influences and proven commercial and business acumen skills. Excellent written and oral English communication is a must.
You will possess strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and computer applications. You will also have good planning, be exceptionally organized and possess dynamic presentation skills.
This position is based in Europe hence you should be eligible to live and work in Europe and be able to relocate to either one of these cities (Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris or Brussels).