4 months ago
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An opening has arisen for an RCM Analyst (RCMA) within the Supportability Engineering RCM department at Marshall Aerospace.As part of the RCM team the RCMA fulfils the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the application of RCM Analysis to aircraft Scheduled Maintenance activities in the Air Environment.
Within this role, the RCMA also provides advice to the Air Environment Project Teams (PTs) on all matters relating to RCM and Preventive Maintenance Schedules as well as delivering a Preventive Maintenance Schedule review and amendment service.
• Will report directly to the MA RCM Team Lead
• Will provide support to Supportability Engineering, as required
The incumbent will carry out RCM Analysis including recommendations on:
• Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• Component Lifting Parameters (Such as Bay Maintenance/overhaul and scrap items)
• Zonal Analysis
• Trend Analysis
• Correlation, interrogation and interpretation of external and internal data
• Update Maintenance Extension Tool
Key Skills / Competencies:
Proven practical aircraft engineering experience. A Military background would be highly desirable. Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• An understanding of RCM and its applicability in preventive maintenance, and ideally have been previously employed in a Military or Civilian Organisation carrying out RCM tasks on a day-to-day basis
• The ability to advise on the preparation of an RCM Support Plan
• The ability to advise on current service policy and procedure
• The ability to advise on the preparation of Failure Data Extraction and reporting
Supervisor/Senior Technical - Advanced understanding of technical aspects.
As a minimum, GCSE level academic qualifications are required, unless mitigated by experience levels.
Should have completed Royal Air Force Aircraft Engineering Training or Civilian equivalent qualification.
Specialized knowledge of a function, trade or craft acquired through advanced formal training.
ONC Level or 'A' Levels or Scottish Highers in job-related discipline may be included, or equivalent advanced craft certificate (NVQ-3).
ABOUT THE REWARDS
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
• Competitive base salary
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Generous company pension scheme
• Access to a healthcare plan
• An excellent flexible benefit scheme
• Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
Vacancy number: 1763