8 months ago
RAMS AND SAFETY ENGINEER-BREMEN
APSYS Risk Engineering GmbH - Hamburg
APSYS Risk Engineering GmbH is an AIRBUS Group Company based in Hamburg, and part of APSYS network (APSYS S.A.S., APSYS Risk Engineering Ltd and APSYS Spain).
APSYS is a leader in the fields of risk management consulting pertaining to Systems Safety and RAMS engineering
APSYS benefits from a multi-industries involvement with key prime contractors in the following domains:
•Aerospace and Defence
•Energy, Oil and Gas and Nuclear
Within the frame of our development in Germany, we have exciting opportunities in the fields of Aerospace & Defence for RAMS and System Safety (or engineers willing to specialize in these fields)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Tasks & accountabilities
The safety engineer works in close collaboration with aircraft / system design team to support the development of aircraft systems and ensure that system operation will comply with safety objectives defined by regulations.
As system safety specialist, your main responsibilities for this position are to:
* Conduct system safety assessments (SFHA (System Functional Hazard Analysis) / PSSA (Preliminary System Safety Assessment)/ SSA (System Safety Assessment) and CMA (Common Mode Analysis))
* Evaluate candidate design solutions against safety objectives
* Provide support to design team for the definition of solutions
* Follow up sub-system / equipment supplier safety activities
* Perform V&V safety activities
* Support Common Cause Analyses performed at A/C level (PRA (Particular Risk Analysis), ZSA (Zonal Safety Analysis)
* Support the certification team in getting your system certified.
You will be in interface with specialists from other aerospace disciplines such as human factor, flight test, operation, maintenance, structure, handling qualities and performances, certification…
Working within engineering team, you would have to manage safety tasks for several systems in parallel. In that context, you will have to periodically report progress on activities to Project Manager(s) and to ensure the delivery of reports in due time with the expected quality level.
If you gather one or several skills mentioned below you could be the person we are looking for:
* As a Risk Management / Maintenance or general engineer, you have proven professional experience in RAMS applied to aerospace or defence systems.
* Aircraft systems architecture and functions
* Certification Specification for civil aircraft CS25, CS23
* Applicable standards: ARP4754A, ARP4761
* Experience with relevant Safety analysis conventional technics, including but not limited to, Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Failure Mode and Effects Analyses/Summary (FMEA/FMES), Common Mode Analysis,
* Continued Airworthiness process (optional)
* Good communication and organizational skills