13 days ago
The part you’ll play
To actively be part of a dynamic team in the day-to-day running of Menzies Aviation at Manchester Airport. You will be responsible for ensuring that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently in line with service level standards set for both on time and station performance.
* Consistently manage and develop the consistent process for effective utilisation of staff Planning, rostering and allocating.
* Minimise staff turnover and sickness through effective management systems.
* Deliver regular team briefings / Feedback sessions and staff appraisals.
* To ensure consistent comprehensive practices are conducted this includes staff investigations and disciplinary meetings.
* Ensure all staff are fully updated and informed of all operational issues, company updates and station operational notices.
* Ensure that all staff are fully trained in line with our Airline operating procedures and comply with directives set by both DFT and CAA.
* Safeguard the health, safety and welfare of staff, customers and other visitors in compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy.
* Understand staffing effectiveness.
* Create and sustain a safe working environment and culture.
* Ensuring that daily audits take place in all areas.
* Manage and investigate and compile reports on any day to day operational incidents - disruption management.
* To ensure continuous reduction in overtime costs.
* Build good working relationships with third party providers.
* To lead by example, strictly following correct airline and company procedures, demonstrating excellent customer service skills and promoting safe work practices and Uniform standards.
* Report all related delays during the shift, giving full and accurate details.
* Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
* Any other reasonable duty as requested.
What you’ll need to bring
* Must be able to demonstrate managerial / supervisory experience.
* Experience of ground handling practices including a detailed knowledge of BOH services
* Excellent people and communication skills.
* Excellent leadership skills.
* Ability to communicate successfully at all levels, whilst leading and motivating a growing workforce.
* Flexibility in times of disruption to motivate and encourage the team to deal professionally with the unexpected challenges that disruption poses.
What you’ll get in return
In addition to a competitive salary, the wider benefits of this role include, but not are limited to, automatic enrolment into a pension scheme, Life Insurance, Savings Related Share Option Scheme and a Childcare Voucher Scheme
To follow aviation security requirements, working in an Airside role you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button