Requirements of Quality Manager Position:
-Should have worked before in the Quality department of either a Maintenance company or a commercial operator
-Should at least speak German as a second or third language to fulfill the LBA requirement
- Should have attended courses in “basic quality assurance and auditing” and “quality compliance in aviation companies”
- Should be young and dynamic with a hands on attitude
- Ideally have some experience in the service industry (customer fronting)
- Should have either maintenance background or flight ops background ideally
Job Descriptions of Quality Manager Position:
The duties are the management functions of the Safety Management System (SMS), the development and maintenance of the Accident Prevention and Flight Safety Program according to current laws, rules and regulations.
He advises the Accountable Managers, the Post Holders and other responsible managers on matters regarding Safety Management and is responsible for coordinating and communicating Safety issues within the company, as well as with external agencies, contractors and stakeholders as appropriate.
Further, he promotes Safety awareness within the company, ensures that Safety Management has the same or higher priority level throughout the company as any other management and operational processes.
He manages all aspects of the company’s Safety Management System, including:
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Safety Management System;
- Initiating Corrective Actions when necessary;
- Providing reports on the Safety Management System performance on a periodic basis;
- Providing safety advice to top management and proposing corrective actions on safety related issues as needed;
- Ensuring that Safety related documentation and records are available and up-to-date.