Job title: Quality Engineer
Location: Diamond Hangar, Long Border Road, London Stansted Airport, Essex, CM24 1RE
Storm Aviation Ltd is a Part 145 Line Maintenance Organisation, and has an opening within their Compliance department for a Quality Engineer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player that is also able to work on their own initiative. You will need to have good communication skills, verbal and written, and are someone that takes all due care and diligence within their role, with good attention to details. The ideal candidate will also be keen to learn and develop within this role.
Essentially you will need to have a good working experience and knowledge of EASA Part 145 and preferable within a large Aircraft maintenance organisation.
Within this role you will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- Assist in the day to day tasks required in the efficient expedition of the Quality function at Storm Aviation, including but not limited to:
- The planning and implementation of the company audit programme as required
- The recording and processing of the engineering occurrence reports and MRO's
- The assessing and monitoring of the authorisation applications to Quality
- The assessing, monitoring and the submission of the engineering applications to the personnel Licensing Department of EASA/CAA
- Report all relevant changes or other issues relating to EASA and UK CAA regulations on a weekly basis
- Have good working knowledge of MS word, Excel, Access and IT systems in general
- EASA Part 147 and FAA experience and knowledge also be an advantage.
- Out of hours working, away from base assignments and overseas travel may be expected.
- Aircraft Maintenance experience in a line and base environment is desired
- Part 66 Licence holder
- Experience in a compliance and quality department/ environment
- Auditing experience with root cause analysis
- Having the ability to demonstrate active continuous improvement
- Experience and training awareness for Part 145/ Part 147/ Part 66
- Ability to demonstrate own initiative
- A team player, Ambitious, hardworking are key requirements for the role
- Health & Safety awareness would be desired.
Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 17:00pm
Friday 08:30am - 14:30pm
30 minutes lunch
Annual leave, Life insurance, Company Pension Plan, Child Care Voucher Scheme