Qualification, Certification & Verification Systems Engineer
Warton, near Preston - 12 month duration - Pay rate £41 p/h Ltd
An opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to join the D&C Operations team in the role of Qualification, Certification and Verification engineer. The successful applicant will play a key role in the delivery of D&C subsystem clearances, verification claims, and qualification activities across all current contracts.
A broad appreciation of systems design and test is essential, and an understanding of the Typhoon Avionics system and D&C would be beneficial. Proven ability of capturing and writing test requirements for sub-system testing is an essential pre-requisite. The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the following areas: Avionic Joint Team, Airworthiness, Flight Ops, D&C Subsystem Test, D&C Design and Software Teams, D&C Supplier Management and D&C safety team.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
* Work effectively with a team of engineers.
* Development and delivery of Subsystem Clearance Statements (SSCS), System Qualification Statements (SQS), Rapid Change Authorities (RCA) and in service advice / mods.
* Delivery of qualification documentation to support TRR / subsystem testing, including Qualification Programme Plans (QPP), Ground Test Plans (GPLs), Requests For Test (RFT), and analysis of test reports to support clearances.
* Appropriate management of System Problem Reports, concession statements, and SPR Control Boards.
* Development and delivery of D&C Verification claims, in line with EF programme.
* Support the use of Best Practice and Continuous Improvement across all D&C QCV activities.
* Proven ability gained in avionics systems engineering environment.
* Proven ability of capturing and writing test requirements for sub-system testing.
* Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Excel and Word, with a good knowledge of Powerpoint.
* Excellent Communication skills, be a proactive team worker and highly motivated.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved the successful candidate must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level once in post.