RVL Group is recruiting a Purchasing Co-ordinator to be based at its facility at East Midlands Airport. Previous experience of purchasing, forward planning and price negotiation are essential, as is the ability to establish good relationships with existing and new suppliers. You will be responsible for all of the purchases made to support maintenance of the company’s fleet of nearly 20 aircraft within our internal maintenance organisation and with external maintenance facilities.
The Purchasing role will include: material pre-load planning, stock planning, management of the inventory database, ensuring all engineering materials procurement is undertaken cost-effectively; processing, approving and entering supplier invoices into OASES against orders to ensure that stock values are correct; liaising with multiple Part 145 Maintenance Organisations to ensure an effective service to RVL Group’s aircraft; selecting new suppliers based upon evidence both of their process capability and their general attitude and approach to responsiveness and quality; routinely reviewing the capability of key suppliers against requirements; developing and maintaining a positive, progressive relationship with all key suppliers; developing and maintaining an approved supplier list.
The position will be responsible to the Airworthiness Manager. You will be required to work alongside the Airworthiness, Engineering and Stores departments for parts planning and buying to ensure stock is readily available for multiple Part 145 Maintenance Organisations to ensure effective maintenance for RVL Group’s aircraft.
Qualifications & role requirements:
• Previous experience of purchasing, forward planning and price negotiation.
• a minimum of 2 years in a purchasing role, preferably within an aviation environment.
• commercial acumen, attention to detail and effective negotiating skills
• the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders and build a good rapport with suppliers
• positive and focused attitude to aircraft safety and efficiency
• proactive and analytical individual who will see processes through from start to a positive conclusion.
• competent in Microsoft Office and experience of keyboard working
• able to work independently and to maintain focus for long periods of time
• Knowledge of Cessna (Textron), Continental Motors and PWC products.
• Experience of OASES (aviation MRO software).
• Product knowledge of aircraft engine systems and their operation.
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings, manufacturer’s publications, illustrated Parts Catalogues and maintenance data.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process on an ongoing basis.