4 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
To assist in planning, managing and delivering identified project(s) to ensure that Customer satisfaction is achieved and to help maximise the project results in QCD.
The project manager has the capacity of assisting in management of projects or responsibility for a subwork package of a Project.
* Supervisory roles that are responsible for direct or indirect leadership and/or management of project resources.
* Major contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team.
* Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
* Works together with people from the business unit.
* Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
* Targeted clients.
* Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks.
* Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Manage the scope of one or several work packages of the project
* Responsible for delivering one or several work packages on time
* Identify and recommend changes to create/update the project schedule
* Anticipate on-time delivery issues (documents, services, equipments)
* Foresee costs at completion for one or several work packages
* Identify cost discrepancies
* Develop simple cost and revenue recovery plans
EHS & QUALITY MANAGEMENT
* Ensure quality plan and commissioning procedure are followed
* Manage project acceptance
* Set-up and monitors control criteria for quality of works (Engineering, CW, erection, tests&com)
* Ensure Customer satisfaction through effective and healthy communication
* Provide reporting to customer
* Provide reporting to management
RISK & OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT
* Conduct Risk Sessions
* Identify and implement risk mitigation plans
* Proactively generate and manage opportunities
CONTRACT & SUPPLIERS MANAGEMENT
* Build simple claim and VO’s
* Plan & follow procurement & delivery in coordination with procurement department.
* Evaluate quality of deliveries: on-time deliveries, quality of products supplied, quality of services supplied (documentation…)
* Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
* Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
Health and Safety
* Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions
* Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
* Ensure safety work instructions are complied
* Participate in the resolution of safety issues.
* Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
* The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring safety in the various stages of the project by implementing and ensuring control of implementation of Group, GRID SOLUTIONS and unit instructions and standards. He takes support from the unit EHS managers and officers.
* HAS THE DUTY TO STOP any ACTIVITY in case of major deviations to EHS rules.
* review the relevant EHS requirements from the customer;
* review regulations and practices of the Country where operations have to be conducted (with support of local representative of GRID SOLUTIONS, if any);
* assess subcontractors EHS performance (with support of sourcing or shared services or EHS Manager);
* set up the EHS clauses for preparing contracts with subcontractors (with support of sourcing or shared services and/or EHS Manager);
* produce the project EHS plan with the customer or his representative at the construction site, including lockout / tag out (support of the Unit EHS Manager and of the engineering functions of the Unit);
* communicate all the relevant information issued by the customer to the construction site manager/supervisor (GRID SOLUTIONS and subcontractors).
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Project Management) or equivalent knowledge & experience.
Most suitable candidates will possess an engineering-related degree, although some may come from a
* commercial or industrial management background
* English basics
Experience and Knowledge
* Experience in one or several functions involved on operations or in a commercial position
* Willingness to work in different locations for short or medium period and to travel world-wide
* Knowledge of the industry (optional)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.