Seeking a Project Engineer for a large international and expanding Aerospace company located in the midlands.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the design, development and qualification of Primary Flight Controls and Actuation Systems for Military Aircraft.
If the following terms describe you, then we encourage you to read more:
We are after a Self-Starter / Takes the Initiative, is driven and wants to succeed with strong technical leadership experience.
Your duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical project management and co-ordination to multidiscipline NPI engineering teams, to deliver the technical solution in line with Requirements, Budget and Schedule.
· Manage the technical baseline.
· Resolve cross discipline technical issues within a single development programme.
· Cost and schedule responsibility for the development programme and engineering activities.
· Report out at the Weekly Program Review Board (own the technical project metrics).
· Support the Programme Manager to create and maintain development plans and schedules.
· Represent and sell company position to the customer.
· Lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplined development engineering team.
· Application of process and efficiency improvements within a single development program.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated the proficiency levels required for effective project engineer-related responsibilities including leading multi-disciplined technical personnel involved in the design and development of complex systems.
· Development experience in all aspects of integrated actuation systems (system architecture, mechanical actuation, verification, qualification and test).
· Demonstrated leadership, exceptional communication skills, planning and fiscal management.
· Experience with EVMS, resource allocation and planning.
· Experience identifying programme risks, developing and executing mitigation plans.
· Highly proficient providing technical briefs to internal/external customers and leadership.
· Strong background with aircraft and development/integration of products within NPI.
· Track record of meeting non-recurring cost targets and design to cost targets within a single development programme.
· Ability to explain complex concepts and issues to a non-technical audience.
· A proficient and confident presenter.
· Ideally a Minimum 10 Years experience in Aerospace.
· Lean & CI trained, with experience implementing the tools in the NPI project environment.
· Chartered Engineer.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.