Carbon60 have a new position for a Project Engineer to work a 6 month contract based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of a new missile launcher and complete design reviews within specified deadlines. You will successfully execute projects in accordance with PM SPI & CPI objectives whilst ensuring projects are compliant with cost targets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
· Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design
· Define and lead analyses in support of product design
· Lead integration design to achieve optimal balance between design requirements such as performance, mass, centre of gravity, safety, maintainability and cost
· Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP
· Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
· Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes and are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
· Manage technical risks and external suppliers
Key Skills & Experience:
· A strong understanding of mechanical or electromechanical engineering, ideally in the context of aerospace weapons carriage & release equipment
· Understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets & trainer aircraft
· Understanding of systems engineering methods
· Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
· Experience of leading aerospace equipment development projects, working within a structured LCM framework, cooperative working with Project Management specialists, concurrent engineering and customer and supplier liaison
· Have previously worked in an Aerospace Project Engineer position with full life cycle experience
· Have experience in aircraft equipment development from concept to release to service
· Have a bachelors degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
· Understanding of military aircraft airworthiness and certification
Contract details in summary:
· Start: ASAP
· Length: 6 months
· Location: Wimborne
· Rate: Competitive Ltd rate paid into UK registered ltd company or approved Umbrella company
· Average of 37 hours a week
· Overtime available, though cannot be guaranteed. Paid at the standard rate
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undergo BPSS and Disclosure Scotland security clearances before commencement of contract.
For more information regarding the role, please contact Carbon60 Exeter on
We look forward to hearing from you
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.