PROJECT ENGINEER - MIDLANDS
Seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer for a large international and expanding Aerospace company located in the midlands to lead an Integrated Product Team in the design, development and qualification of Primary Flight Controls and Actuation Systems for Military Aircraft.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
· Provide technical project management and co-ordination to multidiscipline NPI engineering teams, to deliver the technical solution in line with Requirements, Budget and Schedule.
· Manage the technical baseline.
· Cost and schedule responsibility for the development programme and engineering activities.
· Lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplined development engineering team.
· Application of process and efficiency improvements within a single development program.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated the proficiency levels required for effective project engineer-related responsibilities including leading multi-disciplined technical personnel involved in the design and development of complex systems.
· Development experience in all aspects of integrated actuation systems (system architecture, mechanical actuation, verification, qualification and test).
· Demonstrated leadership, exceptional communication skills, planning and fiscal management.
· Highly proficient providing technical briefs to internal/external customers and leadership.
· Strong background with aircraft and development/integration of products within NPI.
· Track record of meeting non-recurring cost targets and design to cost targets within a single development programme.
The Project Engineer will ideally have a minimum 10 Years experience in Aerospace, be Lean & CI trained, with experience implementing the tools in the NPI project environment. Chartered Engineer status is preferred but not essential
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.