Production Team Leader
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies that delivers innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
In the Advanced Composites Business, we manufacture highly complex composite structures for marine, aerospace and launcher products used in both the civil aerospace and defence sectors. Using today's most advanced composite materials and with a growing order book we are continuously developing new innovative products and processes.
The primary purpose of the job is to effectively manage a team of operators, in a safe and compliant environment in order to manufacture quality aerospace and defence components to the required standards, within agreed timescales.
* Leadership and Team Development - Lead regular team meetings, maintain skills matrices and training plans
* Resource Management - Effective planning and management of people, materials, costs and information.
* Planning and Material Supply - Support the development and communication of plans to allow timely supply of material and parts and minimise waste of product.
* Performance Management - Manage the team to ensure high levels of performance and adherence to procedures.
* Lean and Continuous Improvement - Engage the team in continuous improvement, identification of efficiency opportunities, standardisation of processes and sharing of good practice.
Experience & Qualifications
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
* Good leadership and organisational skills,
* Excellent team-working and communication skills,
* Experience supervising within a production environment
* Proven ability to pay attention to detail, manual dexterity and working to instructions / diagrams.
* Experience in advanced composites would be an advantage.
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package, including competitive base salary, discretionary bonus scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, generous company pension, healthcare plan, flexible benefit options and access to a discount scheme offering substantial savings.
All employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check, (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment.