Production Support Engineer - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Panasonic Avionics is the market leader in the world of In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity, offering sophisticated products and unparalleled service levels to deliver the ultimate in-flight experience through video, audio, games, software applications and telecommunications.
Our success is built upon our cutting-edge technology and outstanding customer service, driven by our corporate heritage of “People before Products” and, as we enter an exciting period of rapid global expansion.
We seek a Production Support Engineer to support the manufacture, test and inspection processes in our Wire Harness Manufacturing facility in Dubai. This support is provided by leading several activities such as developing new manufacturing processes, optimizing current manufacturing processes, design, development and fabrication of tooling and fixtures, setting up production lines, review of tooling and equipment requirements and driving problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review drawings and prepare manufacturing BOMs, manage redlines and drawing markups, estimate manufacturing lead time for all parts.
- Identify, Develop and fabricate, source production fixtures, specifies tooling and test equipment or accessories.
- Create Assembly Instruction for all parts (Standard Work documentation), workmanship standards and WIs for engineering processes.
- Coordinate with Design Engineering team and participate in the Engineering Change Order process to incorporate process documentation (Standard Work) corrections, and corrections to routings, Bills of Materials, and other documentation errors.
- Work with Assemblers /Inspectors/Supervisors to optimize production flow. Perform time studies to develop cycle times and structure production flow.
- Prepare quotations for new parts and products.
- Evaluate manufacturing problems, product problems, and customer complaints to determine opportunities for process improvements and better product performance.
- Apply problem-solving techniques and lead cross-functional activities to resolve manufacturing and business process problems.
- Conduct and/or participate in lean activities. Continually analyze and improve information and manufacturing flows to eliminate waste.
- Develop improvement opportunities to standardize work, reduce rework, improve cycle time, and increase throughput.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
- Must have at least 5 years of related experience.
- Lean / Six Sigma certification is highly desired.
- General understanding of Quality Assurance Systems and Applications; such as AS9100.
- Knowledge of Electro-Mechanical assembly and testing, mechanical/electrical part and process design, and analyzing engineering statistics.
- Solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply this knowledge to manufacturing and production design. Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings, specifications and other engineering documentation.
- Experienced in documenting and writing business processes.
- Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office and 3D CAD Software.
- Excellent English communication skills - both written and verbal