Category - Engineering
Location - Cambridge, United Kingdom
Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is the United Kingdom's leading independent Aerospace Company and are renowned and respected worldwide for its quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability. Due to a recent promotion, the Production Engineering team are now looking to recruit an Production Engineer on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will possess a broad knowledge of production principles for aircraft as well as manufacturing processes in order to deliver technical solutions on a number of projects within different sectors of industry. As a Production Engineer, the candidate will have proven experience working with engineers within diverse projects bringing them to a successful completion.
We are looking for the following capabilities:
* To perform as a team member of the Production Engineering department and any integrated project teams
* To work with colleagues in design, production, manufacturing and supply chain, ensuring a concurrent approach delivering cost effective solutions
* To comply with the company's BMS and LCM processes
* Ideally have knowledge of aircraft structures and systems
* Support the Bid teams with the creation of concept solutions, work breakdown structures and estimates for production and manufacturing
* Contribute to PDP/PMP, providing support for the production and manufacturing approach
* Review product concept and detailed design solutions recommending production and manufacturing easements that improve cost, quality and delivery
* Generate work cards and provide the necessary documentation to allow production to manufacture and install the product in the most effective manner
* Determine the preferred Condition of Supply (CoS) for the supply of parts/components
* Review and assess new technology opportunities that reduce cost, improve quality or increase efficiency
* Development of a continuous improvement culture using Lean techniques that increase efficiency
* Control own work within budget and schedule requirements
* Ensure correct booking to costing/budget system
* Contribute to own Continuous Personal Development plans
The successful applicant will form part of an exciting department which covers a diverse range of activities to help shape the success of the organisation and its objectives.
Marshall ADG are the UK's largest independent aerospace and defense company, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services.