Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Our client is a major participant in the aerospace/space and defence sectors, they are currently seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist to work with them on a renewable contract basis.
ORGANISATION Our Client’s Procurement Organisation manages commercial agreements with all external suppliers. Equipment Procurement is largely responsible for procurement of complex, high value aircraft systems. This role is within the team responsible for Landing Gear Systems Procurement. BASIC PURPOSE The successful candidate will be responsible for management of a number of contracts and commercial agreements across Client’s Programmes, within the sub-Commodity group within the Landing Gear Systems Commodity team and MFT.
- Work with in house and supplier based multifunctional teams to deliver business results.
- Ensure the commercial integrity of agreements for new or existing Equipment and Systems requirements.
- Be responsible for leading negotiations on contract development, supplier and Airbus claims or retrofit actions.
- Ensure supplier programme developments are achieved to time and cost, incorporating applicable Quality/Supply Chain Processes.
- Design and deliver cost reduction programmes with Client’s suppliers
KEY FIGURES / DIMENSIONS · No line management responsibility however will be expected to manage project within a multifunctional environment.
- Job holder has the responsibility for developing the Client’s relationship with one of more suppliers
- Management of high value contracts.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (within organisational area)
- Supporting robust, cross-functional, collaborative working relationships between Client’s Procurement, in house and supplier based teams. This will be achieved by supporting the ‘Multi-Functional Team’ (MFT) requirements, to deliver the aims of the business.
- Commercial management of new and existing developments programmes.
- Support and implement Client’s Supply Chain policy and strategy with suppliers.
- Lead negotiations to ensure best pricing and contract terms.
- Identifying value creation opportunities on existing contracts and maximising purchasing leverage on new programmes, negotiate these with suppliers.
- Ensure working practices are aligned to Client’s UK Equipment Procurement processes and procedures.
MAJOR END RESULTS
- Delivery of Commercial agreements to support MISP projects
- Delivery of robust Supply Chain Programme Management, reflecting agreed supply chain strategy.
- Ensuring project commercial budget challenges are met.
- Ensuring delivery of optimum supply chain pricing and contractual terms.
- To satisfy customers and programme directorate requirements.
- To support M.F.T. expectations.
PERSONAL PROFILE/ EXPERIENCE
- Good contractual and commercial background with technical knowledge.
- High capability for negotiation of contractual documents.
- Proven ability in team working and influencing skills.
- Experience of delivering projects within a Procurement environment
- Multicultural working experience
· Working knowledge of computer office IT systems
- Must have working knowledge of SAP
-Salary: £17.50ph -£22.40ph
-Job type: Contract, full-time, renewable
- Location: Filton, Bristol
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Neil Leighton at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.