** Powerplant Specialist **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading MRO organisation to recruit a Powerplant Specialist on a permanent basis.
As the Powerplant Specialist you will be responsible for independently and competently managing multiple customer and internal projects that will include multiple aircraft powerplant related activities.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager
Location: West UK with significant travel
Main Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Shop Visit Management
· Table/Physical Piece Part Inspection
· Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) / Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) analysis
· Invoice Review
· MRO Contract Negotiation and Selection
· Engine Transition Management
· Technical Records Due Diligence
· Engine Physical Inspection/External Parts Inventory
· Borescope Inspection Overview and Analysis
· MPA/Test Cell Run Overview and Analysis
· Lease Contract Review, Interpretation and Negotiation
To be considered for the role the candidate must have:
· A good understanding of engineering principles and disciplines regarding gas turbine engines
· Understanding of gas turbine engine theory, turbomachinery, performance, operation and maintenance.
· Good understanding of the commercial aspects of engine operation and management in the aviation industry
· A good understanding of the different engine OEMs and their engine types
· Be aware and up to date with current news and affairs within the aviation industry
· A good understanding of the financial aspects of engine operation and management
· A firm knowledge and understanding of specific engine management related costs
· Able to focus on multiple projects whilst effectively managing priorities
· Able to efficiently organise project schedules
· Communicate clearly and concisely
· Able to communicate and describe all types of engine technical issues
· motivate and engage with team members and the wider department
· Demonstrates drive, enthusiasm and commitment
· Capable of contributing to a broad range of engineering activities, Able to clearly and articulately explain a viewpoint, opinion and ideas on projects undertaken and aviation industry issues.
· Able to clearly define a task and what exactly is required to accomplish it.
· Able to develop and maintain strong customer focus and build high quality relationships with customers, both internal and external.
· Demonstrate good understanding of customer priorities and expectations
· Willingness to work unsociable hours from time to time and willing to travel overseas at short notice and sometimes for extended periods.
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.