Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Location - Bridgend
Salary - DOE
Our Client Is One of the world’s leading independent engine consultancy is now recruiting for a Powerplant Consultant
Powerplant Consultants are expected to further increase their understanding of technical and commercial engineering and financial principles relating to gas turbine engines as well as the wider aviation industry in general.
There will be an expectation that Powerplant Consultants will also develop a strong consulting and advisory approach, with the aim to broaden the capabilities of themselves and the wider team regarding all aspects of the engine life cycle.
In this role there will be an expectation of developing a skillset that allows full knowledge and familiarity with the requirements of higher level consultancy projects, including engine value assessment, new engine selection evaluation and engine purchase negotiations support/sale/remarketing advice.
A principally technical role within the Fleet Management Team. This role will involve independently and competently managing multiple customer and internal projects that will include the following engine related activities:
- Shop Visit Management
- Table/Physical Piece Part Inspection
- Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) / Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) analysis
- Invoice Review
- MRO Contract Negotiation and Selection
- Engine Transition Management
- Technical Records Due Diligence
- Engine Physical Inspection/External Parts Inventory
- Borescope Inspection Overview and Analysis
- MPA/Test Cell Run Overview and Analysis
- Lease Contract Review, Interpretation and Negotiation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop suitable action plans listing all steps necessary to achieve targets as required.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate performance against key targets and indicators.
- Broaden capabilities relating to all stages of the engine life cycle such as MRO selection and review of short/long term lease contracts.
- Being conversant in using all required software (including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel) in order to execute well-defined tasks to a high standard.
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments actively sharing relevant articles with the wider team.
- A firm knowledge and understanding of specific engine management related costs including typical shop visit cost expectations, lease rates and major piece part costs.
- Apply knowledge of financial aspects of engine management when undertaking customer projects to ensure cost optimisation.
- Competently manage and provide sound recommendations and advice to customers in relation to all commercial issues related to gas turbine engine management.
- Ensure all customer contracts are commercially reasonable and acceptable to customers’ requirements highlighting areas of concern and suggesting appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that all documentation and relevant communication is stored structurally and in an organised manner on the server.
- Self-critical in reviewing personal performance on a regular basis in order to improve and develop whilst also identifying personal training and development opportunities.
- Management of time and workload capacity across all allocated projects and actively seeking additional projects when there is available capacity.
- Able to motivate and engage with team members and the wider department to help achieve team goals and stretch objectives to drive the business forward.
- Accountable for producing an accurate output on project deliverables with limited input (guidance rather than direction) from Senior colleagues.
- Act as deputy from time to time for the Senior Powerplant Consultant when they are out of the office.
- Lead a variety of engine management projects which may involve gaining support and cooperation from colleagues.
- Able to clearly define a task and what exactly is required to accomplish it.
- Able to review routine technical and commercial issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Able to suggest a number of solutions to technical problems with well-defined analysis and reasoning. Provide appropriate recommendations and advice to customers based on this sound analysis.
- A good understanding of engineering principles and disciplines regarding gas turbine engines and being motivated to develop this further.
- A good understanding of gas turbine engine theory, turbomachinery, performance, operation and maintenance.
- Capable of independently undertaking and competently completing customer and internal technical projects such as shop visit management and engine transition events.
- A good understanding of the different engine OEMs, their engine types and aircraft types upon which they are installed, major airlines and main MROs.
- Be aware and up to date with current news and affairs within the aviation industry and promote awareness within the team.
- A good understanding of the commercial aspects of engine operation and management in the aviation industry, forexamplelease and maintenance contracts and maintenance reserves.
- A good understanding of the financial aspects of engine operation and management in the aviation industry and the impact of technical considerations upon engine values, maintenance expenditure and operating costs.
- Recognition ofbusiessdemands and requirements in time and travel commitments maintaining a flexible attitude to working out of hours in order to complete work within required timescales.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Carla at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency