AirTanker is one of the world's most exciting aviation projects and we offer a diverse range of roles in our unique environment, based in the heart of the picturesque Cotswolds.
AirTanker was established in 2008 to deliver Voyager, the RAF's new air-to-air refuelling and air transport aircraft. Working alongside full time RAF personnel and Reservists, we blend the best of civil and military aviation expertise to carry out air-to-air refuelling tasks and fly our armed forces to wherever they are needed in the world.
Irrespective of their background, civilian or military, all of our people share a common commitment to delivering service excellence to the RAF. For our part, AirTanker is equally committed to its people, supporting them in their personal and professional development.
Working with like-minded people, you'll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker Hub. We have an annual diary of organised events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown.
AirTanker is about much more than the 'nine to five'. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
We are seeking an experienced person who strives for a common purpose within business to be employed as a Planning Manager. This position will be responsible for a team of planners involved in the planning and coordination of all aircraft maintenance.
We are currently recruiting for a Planning Manager. This role is a full time permanent.
Primary Job Purpose
Provide Planning support to the FSTA fleet of aircraft to enable AirTanker to meet service availability, across all elements of the Maintenance requirements
Be responsible for maintenance planning, organising, communicating and controlling Maintenance Programmes tasks as detailed below:
• Aircraft OOP task control and management.
• Scheduled Maintenance planning.
• Unscheduled maintenance opportunity planning.
• Aircraft ADD control and management.
• Parts and material requirements.
• Be responsible for the efficient disposition, welfare, supervision and use of staff under his/her control.
• Review servicing and maintenance requirements for anomalies and errors.
• Co-ordinate the bay sequencing for all Maintenance activities in the hangar.
• Liaise with Technical Services with regard to technical issues.
• Maintain accurate time records for work packages under planning control and use this to give feedback to the planning team for re planning and future planning purposes.
• Implement corrective actions for audit deficiencies (NCR and CAR) in areas for which they have control and or responsibility.
• Provide liaison between Air Tanker Services Ltd. and approved sub-contractors.
• Encourage and promote good communication practices between all departments.
• Provide Line and Base Maintenance technical support/information/assistance.
• Support Work Order management and work pack planning.
• Ensure continued compliance to Part 145, Part M and JSP within the appropriate areas of responsibility.
• Be responsible for security of documentation, data, aircraft and resources under his control.
• Ensure that an accurate and effective handover/shift log is maintained and archived.
• Ensure all Planning staff are regularly assessed in line with company requirements as laid down in the company personnel manual.
• Ensure planning staff complies with Quality Assurance and SMS requirements.
• Be responsible for Health and Safety and the implications of Human Factors for subordinates.
• Assess the competence of all personnel under his/her control and make recommendations for training and development as required.
• Be responsible for the recording of attendance, holiday arrangements, sickness, the assessment of overtime requirements and obtaining management approval.
• Participate in the departmental Team Briefing System.
• Work closely with other ATrS departments and external agencies to ensure the company has a coordinated approach to managing the operation and ensuring aircraft availability, whilst maintaining the continued airworthiness and safe operation of the fleet.
• Takes responsibility to build and maintain positive relationships with others.
• Takes full ownership for delivering their agreed objectives and other commitments made.
• Takes changes and challenges in their stride
• Demonstrates full ownership and a passion for service excellence.
• Adapts to changes by learning and improving.
• Have good sound Technical Records knowledge and experience
• Worked with wide or narrow bodied aircraft
• Able to work with complex Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) IT systems for the purposes of aircraft technical planning management
• Civil and/or military planning experience
• Proven ability to manage personnel on a shift basis preferably within an airline environment. Also an ability to work on own initiative and brief senior management on on-going and completed work.
• Proven ability to operate a number of airline computer systems and have a comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrate a logical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Experience in liaising and communicating with internal and external agencies.
• Able to make sound decisions and an ability to work to tight deadlines in a complex and demanding environment.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of AirTanker Services are required to be security cleared to SC level. If successful in your application we would support you with the SC process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the National Security Vetting (NSV) website.
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.